To the Point, what Next?

g9097383

I am a new agent and have to cold-call to try to get appointments for my sales leader. The script that I have been using is something like this...

Agent: Hi may I speak with Tom please?

Potential Client: This is Tom.

Agent: Hi Tom my name is Joe with XYZ insurance. The reason for my call today is I am reaching out to those who may not be satisfied with their current health insurance....

At this point I usually get the; "I am satisfied with what I have" "I'm not interested"

Should I just move on or should I be saying more after the objection?

Does anyone have some advice for an opening line that could help me get further in to a call?

I am a new agent and have to cold-call to try to get appointments for my sales leader. The script that I have been using is something like this...

Agent: Hi may I speak with Tom please?

Potential Client: This is Tom.

Agent: Hi Tom my name is Joe with XYZ insurance. The reason for my call today is I am reaching out to those who may not be satisfied with their current health insurance....

At this point I usually get the; "I am satisfied with what I have" "I'm not interested"

Should I just move on or should I be saying more after the objection?

Does anyone have some advice for an opening line that could help me get further in to a call?

If he is supposed to be training you, did he get on the phones for an hour or 2 and show you how to do it?
You're setting appointments for your manager...if he makes a sale, who gets the commission, him or you? Or, split?

When you say "may not be satisfied"... you just told them EXACTLY what to say to get you off the phone.

"May not be satisfied" leads to "I'm satisfied."

You've been set up to fail by using that script. It's a stupid opening statement.

In order to get a different result, I would recommend getting permission to ask some questions that are designed to find out how they FEEL about things.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-script-life-insurance-t53310.html#post695793

Take a look at the link at the way I structure my cold-calling intros. I'm not an expert in health insurance by any means, nor is coverage the same from state to state with the same company.

That said, you need to find a benefit of your health insurance program and ask questions about how your prospects feel for NOT having that benefit. Or for not having a skilled agent/agency to compare their benefits.

The training comes as I get appointments and the sales would be mine, but I am having trouble even getting an appointment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for the link DHK, I appreciate it. What about after the objection, should I just thank them for their time and get to the next dial or should I try to be more persistent? I find that they can get annoyed after they say they are not interested.

Last edited:
If you restructure your opening question... you shouldn't be getting many objections.

In addition, your questions should also be "qualifying questions" for prospects to further qualify themselves. Those that aren't answering the way you want... are disqualifying themselves. Let them. And dial the next number.

The training comes as I get appointments and the sales would be mine, but I am having trouble even getting an appointment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for the link DHK, I appreciate it. What about after the objection, should I just thank them for their time and get to the next dial or should I try to be more persistent? I find that they can get annoyed after they say they are not interested.

As DHK said, re-structure the opening. If they put up a firm objection, thank them and move on. You are cold calling from a huge list. It isn't worth your time nor aggravation talking to someone that has zero interest. Your goal is to hit on the lowest lying fruit. As I'm sure your manager told you, it's a numbers game.

Back