Top Ten FE Questions During Presentation

Jd am i just wasting time and creating future chargebacks? ? I know you are experienced. Should i do the same? ?

The person you are referring to that reads the card back is not doing it for emotional leverage. He does it as a reminder to them as to what they sent back.

I don't buy into the emotional stuff either. I might touch on some emotions while I'm telling people why they sent in the card but that's about it for the emotion for me.

If a person can't tell me why they sent in the card then we are done. I'm on to the next person that can tell me.

That's my bad..I lumped him in with the "emotional leverage" stuff...I understand why he does it and I see how my post construed it that way..not my intent.

----------

Interesting gooner. You dont drill them?? In my opinion they had to have an interest to request the information

I don't drill down on people. They either have a reason I'm there or they don't. I'm not attached to any lead, I'd rather spend 5 minutes in a house than 30 trying to convince someone they need insurance. If they don't think they need it...I'm out. I owe JD and Travis for teaching me that. I'm not willing to risk the CB debt. You'll get enough of that with non-pay and no takers.

Don't fool yourself, they don't have to have a reason for sending the card in. Jd told a great story in the Friday call about a guy who mails in every piece of postage paid mail he gets...to get 1 over on the post office..priceless.

As far as the 3 reason, search JD's post...they're in there. Not my info to give away.

Although I really wanted to pull a Mattschmidt on you and say, "Ask your upline!" Just kidding. Pm if you want to chat.

Jd am i just wasting time and creating future chargebacks? ? I know you are experienced. Should i do the same? ?

I don't know. Each person has to learn what works for them. I was taught all that emotional stuff back when I first started and I refused to buy in.

I came into this business reluctantly because I didn't like insurance agents. The main reason I didn't like agents was because of that stuff.

I was taught to ask people that balked about the premiums how many times they went out to eat in a month and then convince them that just skipping one night out for dinner a month would pay for the premiums.

It would and they would work for the people that did that stuff. Work for one month. The next month when the agent wasn't around to remind them they went out to eat.

If the life insurance is important to them then they will keep it. I want to find out if it is important to them and why it's important to them. Failing to find that out I do not proceed with that person.

Is that how you should work? I have no idea. I ain't your normal agent. And I'm sure not a marketer that's going to blow smoke up your arse.

When your death occurs, someone is going to have to write a check to a funeral home for approximately $8,000 - minimum.

Who is going to write the check? Where will they get the money? Will it be a financial burden for them? Do you care?

This is what I'm looking for. Without thinking it through, I'd stop at question 1... and just think (assume) that we were all on the same page that that's a problem. Question 1 is the no-brainer questions. But questions 2, 3, and 4 (especially 4) - golden.

Thanks!

----------

I ask them what they want.

I agree that's the goal. Find out what they want - period.

What I'm looking for is the questions which can bring "what they want" out. i.e., if we just say, "What do you want?" I don't think we are really getting to the root.

I'm not trying to make it too complicated, just looking for great questions to ask to keep the conversation on point - with the goal of finding out what they really want.

I'm not trying to make it too complicated, just looking for great questions to ask to keep the conversation on point - with the goal of finding out what they really want.

Not sure if I use a specific question. I just try to lead the conversation to a point that if they keep talking they will eventually close themselves.

Sometimes I ask if they ever had to pay for someone's funeral and get their experience on the last funeral they attended. And I try to find out if they have a relationship with the local funeral director. Sometimes when I go into a town, I will look up local funeral homes so I have some names to throw out. I've also stopped in the funeral homes to pick up a GPL.

I've seen people trash a funeral home at the beginning of presentation and you could almost literally see the wall going up. Funeral directors are like someone that is running for mayor. They are friends with everyone, especially in small towns. One area that I work there is a large funeral home that is notorious for being expensive. The community either loves them or hates them. I've learned to throw out the name and wait for their response.

I pretty much just walk in and say "How much coverage do you want, 5,000; 8,000; 10,000" and shut up

Back