Total loss question ?

Rj1976

My vehicle was declared a total loss and I was offered a settlement for the car but the auto insurance company wants my to sign over my title and give them the car before they issue a payment but there is nothing in writing I haven’t signed anything if I just turn in my vehicle and sign the title over they can change anything they want on the other end what is the proper procedures if anyone knows

Stop. Sign the title and give it to them. You will get your check. That is the way it works. Some claims offices will let you bring the title and get the check but Covid has caused this practice to stop for many insurers

If I sign the title and give them the vehicle without signing any papers can’t they change the settlement amount if they wanted to ?

OK, good. Now call that claim rep and ask when the check is going out. It's probably going to take a few days to be processed but you'll know.
This may be out of context but you seem to understand the procedure..what I would like to know is that ,I have signed the power of attorney limited, sent my title in the mail and I would like to know how long it takes to receive notice of a payment. Also (my main concern, because I haven't heard from them for about a week is, after they receive the title do I have to wait for it to be processed at the motor vehicle administration before they can send me a claims payment?)

Did you own the vehicle free and clear of license? You mailed the title, figure 5 days to receive. Once received figure a day or 2 to process. Once processed figure 5 days to receive check in mail. Call the claims contact and ask if the check was mailed. They should have a process date

Back