Travelers the Highest Premium

stankup1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Travelers said they could beat Geico

By $ 481 annually but quote was $800 more than Geico for 6 months.

Travelers said they could beat Geico

By $ 481 annually but quote was $800 more than Geico for 6 months.

That's a big price difference. Did Travelers have an explanation for why they were so much more? I assume you use one of your cars to drive to appointments. Maybe Travelers is not competitive with business use rates? Maybe Geico is not rating you with business use.

All the major auto insurance companies advertise about huge savings these days. Whether you actually save depends on your situation. Some people save a lot and switch, and that's how they get that $481 average annual savings. It may be a lot more people are quoted at about the same rate or more, but they don't switch their auto insurance. There are too many variables making up auto insurance rates to say one company is always cheaper than another company.

It does pay to shop, but you might be getting a good deal with Geico. Try Progressive Direct and an independent agent, to make sure.

This just in:

Advertisements only tell you what they saved when propects switched switched not when GEICO didn't beat the rate.

Travelers is generally a preferred carrier. If your credit sucks and you have incidents, be prepared for Travelers to not have a good rate for you.

Also, you might being misquoted.

Also, you might be looking at sample quotes. Your credit and driving history might not have been verified yet.

If everything IS verified, GEICO might just simply have a better rate for your particular area. I think GEICO caters to all spectrum's of risk, so who knows.

It isn't uncommon for me to see vastly different rates between several companies.

Back