Trying to Save Senior Money on Their Monthly Premium

Solid advice!!!

They should also have a fair amount of cash value in those polices that they could put in their pocket.

Doesn't matter though if he won't meet with you. You should never give the quotes over the phone. Stuff like this needs to be shown to the prospective client.

If you can't sit down with them and have a discussion, it's just a bunch of numbers.

Tell him that you need to meet with him to go over all the numbers and his options. If he won't meet with you, move on to someone that will.

Case update. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to my initial request for input. Since this thread goes back to late April or early May. For every one's info, I did sell the couple. They saved over $700/year. The husband recognized this. Two issues helped me out. First. The husband knew they could really use the extra money. Secondly, they trusted me alot during our appt and the appt did not take 3 hours. Initally, the husband said send me a qoute. I called him back and told him there was nothing really to send and I tried to get him to explain to me why he did not want to save all of that money. After several appts, and even mistakes by Foresters, we have actually kind of become friends and that should lead to some referrals. There are lots of reasons why people won't switch to save money. We just need to find that ones that will switch. Its is a matter of persistance and honesty. Make sure the prospects know you are interested in helping them. In terms of a script, there really isn't one that would be more effective than another. I don't have a great ratio of appts to calls, but I make a ton of calls. Several hours on the phone everyday and then knowing how to begin a dialogue with people so they don't hang up on you. You have to ask open ended questions like when they say they are already covered ask them if the coverage is term or permanent? That will likely have give you a response that "they don't even know" and that is your to get the appt so you can go over their current coverage. The key is to keep them on the phone. It takes practice and hard work and product knowledge. Cold calling is not fun, but is is the least exensive way to new agents to get started. Good luck

Back