Underwriting - heart surgery, 48 y/o Male

MAnnuity

Expert
Hello, asking here as I've already consulted with a broker and just want to make sure we're not missing any options. (And yes, it seems like a long shot, I am aware, but I am asking for personal reasons) - 48 year old male, 5'11", ~230, otherwise healthy, will be going in for heart valve replacement surgery within a month or so. Married with a young child. It's looking like most if not all carriers that perform any sort of underwriting will require the individual to wait ~ 6-9 months POST surgery before considering issuing a policy on him (and at that, will likely be table rated). Is guaranteed issue (low face amount) really the only possibly available option at this time? Any other suggestions?

Few would even give him a table rated offer at 9 months after surgery. 24 months is more realistic and I am guessing at least a Table 4.

Yes, I do believe it is. I just don't think anyone will insure him with the pending surgery.
Thank you for the input. That was my suspicion but thought if anyone knew any other options, they'd be here! I respect and appreciate your posts on these forums.

Thank you for the input. That was my suspicion but thought if anyone knew any other options, they'd be here! I respect and appreciate your posts on these forums.

- 48 year old male, 5'11", ~230, otherwise healthy, will be going in for heart valve replacement surgery within a month or so. Married with a young child.

My recommendation to them. Husband and Wife / beneficiary = get all that you can get yesterday. There is zero guarantee he will qualify for anything better in two years. Had he bought an ROP policy or two on 26January2018 he would be covered today at 100%. If in a year or two he can up grade awesome. If not, that means he probably has a shortened mortality.

All IMohsoHO

Back