United Benefits of American

On their site is has the disclaimer that the IAB plans are not health insurance, but health discount plans.

NOTICE ON IAB MEDICAL SAVINGS PLAN
1. This plan is not a health insurance policy.
2. This plan provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services.
3. This plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services.
4. As a plan member, you are obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted, directly or indirectly, with IAB.
5. Discount Medical Plan Organization: IAB P.O. Box 224767 Dallas, TX 75222-4767 (800) 275-1171

As far as Non-Insurance Discount Plans go, IAB seems to be reputable. For those who are diabetic, not working for a company, where they can access group health, I'm afraid this is their - right now - only option.

I have placed three people on IAB in the past five years. There have been no complaints, but also no ringing endorsements. It is what it is. I do like how, in big letters, they have the disclaimer on their application.

They also have it in bold print when they mail out the paperwork/cards.

As much as I detest discount plans, and I do absolutely nothing to promote them, IAB is a respectful organization. The lady, here in Atlanta, who got me involved in it, never pressures me, or tries to get me involved in the MLM aspect of it.

Just as with all other products/services/industries, if all companies that offered this product would be this upfront and forthright, then there would be less horror stories.
I don't know if UBA is the same company as IAB, but IAB allowed all three of the people I got on it to disenroll with no hassle or problem.

Other than waiting a long time to get a human being, they have always been respectful to me.

But what do I know, I don't work for a living, and sit on a throne.

Bob, you're correct, non licensed agents try to scam people at IAB, but that in itself tells a lot about the organization. They allow it to continue. It has gone on for years at this point, see my post above.

If they hire, train and keep corrupt agents, I'm sorry, then they are corrupt.

Hello,
Can anyone help with this problem

I was with IAB until I got permanent employment and was covered under my employers group plan. I called to cancel my IAB account (and also sent a cancellation letter as requested).

I relocated and in the confusion of the move I wasn't paying attention to my bank statements. Now I find I have they have been debiting from my account for approx 6 months.

I called them and they said the charges were for some of providers through them (dental and disability) that are separate and not affiliated to them so they cannot help me.

I called these separate providers and they were unhelpful in cancelling those supposedly separate accounts. So I had to close my bank account in order to stop the debiting.

Is there any recourse to get the money back for those months of debiting? IAB will not help me saying it has nothing to do with them, even though they set up these accounts for me initially.

Thanks for any ideas or help.

Julia

The discount health screwing just keeps going and going.......

Hello,
Can anyone help with this problem

I was with IAB until I got permanent employment and was covered under my employers group plan. I called to cancel my IAB account (and also sent a cancellation letter as requested).

I relocated and in the confusion of the move I wasn't paying attention to my bank statements. Now I find I have they have been debiting from my account for approx 6 months.

I called them and they said the charges were for some of providers through them (dental and disability) that are separate and not affiliated to them so they cannot help me.

I called these separate providers and they were unhelpful in cancelling those supposedly separate accounts. So I had to close my bank account in order to stop the debiting.

Is there any recourse to get the money back for those months of debiting? IAB will not help me saying it has nothing to do with them, even though they set up these accounts for me initially.

Thanks for any ideas or help.

Julia

So I had to close my bank account in order to stop the debiting.

Is there any recourse to get the money back for those months of debiting?

Julia, let's be honest here.

It's nobody's fault but your own. There is no excuse for not monitoring your bank account for six months, whether you moved or had "confusion" or whatever.

With today's online access, etc., it couldn't be easier.

Not to pile on, but if you used an agent to sign you up, they should have been involved, and made calls on your behalf.

Have to agree, there is nothing anyone can do about the "confusion" but you.

I agree its my fault for not monitoring more closely. However, the charges were under a different name than the previous debits had been under the umbrella IAB account. If I had noticed those continueing after I cancelled, I would have caught it much sooner.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Back