Updated and Improved Medicare Part B and RFEI Forms

Yeah, I think your first link has more credibility. I've sent that second link to them already. They're friends of the family too. I don't know why they wouldn't sign it. Seems like they're just asking for legal action.

Yeah, I think your first link has more credibility. I've sent that second link to them already. They're friends of the family too. I don't know why they wouldn't sign it. Seems like they're just asking for legal action.

Best to make voluntary seem mandatory and get the signature... It's just spiteful for the employer to refuse to fill it out to let the guy get his Medicare...

You can also check with Social Security to see what information they will accept in lieu of the L564. If your client creates a MyMedicare account, employer plan info since age 65 may be shown under plans and coverage. (Mine shows the info, but I didn't create it until after I had applied for Part B-I don't know what is shown for a person prior to Part B application.) With the names of the companies who have provided coverage since age 65, client may be able to get letters from them indicating dates of coverage. Cobra communications may also document the last coverage.

(Also note that if client has had coverage under multiple group plans since age 65, he will have to have L564 from ALL employers providing group coverage since he turned 65.)

For anyone reading this later....you can also use Creditable Coverage docs. I ran into this a few years ago and had to call SSA. It was easier to get that out of the carrier than deal with the employer.

Back