Using an Attorney to Get a Release from a FMO

I am having this issue with DigitalBGA currently - I just need my Medicare carriers released, first this girl Alyse Novetti, who seems to hate me for asking for carriers and another broker manager, told me to pay a few small chargebacks and state fees with a couple of my Life carriers, which I didn't ask to release. I paid those which took a week because one of the Life carriers is still stuck in the paper age, then asked her again and sent her the receipts. It's been a week from that and their upline that I need the actual release from has seen nothing so she hasn't even bothered to follow through and request a release from them.

I was just going to join another Medicare center since then I get paid regularly for sure, and so does my mortgage and bills, without having to deal with chargebacks and $100's of state and county fees, but they and SHE mainly is going to cause me to miss the hiring window and therefore cause harm to my ability to earn a living.

Not to mention they still have close to or more then $1800 in those stupid $60 TV Life leads they sold me on and I have no ability to access them since they were not in the database last time I logged on a few weeks ago which they now charge $99 a month for and I'm already still in debt to the credit card company for those $1000's of leads.

You'd think if she hates me she would want to get rid of me since I just keep sending emails. It's owned by Jeff Root and Nic West - Any advice ?
Are you saying you asked for a release with carriers you don’t have debt with but wanted to leave behind the carriers that you do have debts with?

There is your problem right there. Unless the IMO is crazy they are not going to release ANY carriers until you clean up your debts with all carriers. What you are trying to do is the whole reason carriers won’t let you bounce around to start with. You can’t leave messes behind.

I got screwed years ago by Applied General Agencies (AGA) when I was first told about the 6 month slavery "clause" in their agreement with UHC. I could have sued and certainly been released but it would take years and I'd have to sue UHC in the process.

I'd win the battle but lose the war. We are all appointed at the "pleasure of the company" and can terminate us for any reason. I'm sure a lawsuit would be reason enough.

There is little you can do when you work with a dishonest FMO.

Rick

Why did you leave AGA?

Just going back and reading this and wanted to do a little update. Rick got Covid a while back and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. It really made him think and he got humbled.

He emailed me an apology for everything and said he realized just how much of an ass he was to people over the years and wanted to apologize for it.

I called him, we talked about it. We are friends again. Let me tell you, I have never seen anyone have a turn-around like he did!

Glad to hear he is better. I met Rick many years ago. He was in Atlanta for something and a few of us met for dinner. He and I went at it several times on here (more banter than seriousness). And yes, he could be a real prick at times. But I found him to be a genuinely nice guy once you broke through the shell. I definitely loved when he and Al went at each other. Speaking of someone being a real prick, Al fit that description very well.

Just going back and reading this and wanted to do a little update. Rick got Covid a while back and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. It really made him think and he got humbled.

He emailed me an apology for everything and said he realized just how much of an ass he was to people over the years and wanted to apologize for it.

I called him, we talked about it. We are friends again. Let me tell you, I have never seen anyone have a turn-around like he did!

I remember talking to Rick about 11 yrs ago as I was looking at getting in Medicare . He talked down on me like he was the almighty. It was a real turnoff . I never talked to him again

I remember talking to Rick about 11 yrs ago as I was looking at getting in Medicare . He talked down on me like he was the almighty. It was a real turnoff . I never talked to him again

How do.you think other people feel when you spent so much of your time bragging about how much production you pull?

That's not to be snide. Just saying self awareness is important.

To own my part of self awareness, I know that I'm pretty direct and matter of fact. It's usually because I don't have the patience to deal with people that put more emphasis on "I feel" vs "what is factually accurate" when making blanket statements as fact.

As to OP:

I full on support what Newby is saying. You don't get to pick and chose releases when you owe a business money. The idea that someone thinks they're entitled to find a loophole to screw over what they owe is ridiculous to me.

Except with Student Loan Forgiveness... I'll take that loophole any day of the week.

Back