• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Very new to FE, Three questions.

One man's speaking is another's micro-aggressing.

Is that like a millennial thing or what? Micro-aggression... grab a friendly fur ball and get over it. :yes:

It appears that only a handful of agents have been able to survive and prosper with telesales.

"have been able to survive"... that's the key to this business no matter how you approach your prospects. Seems like there are those who are still trying to sell some "secret sauce" to whomever they can find.

because of how ignorant most people are to it lol.

Funny thing I find in the time I've been watching the calling/knocking arguments... when were telesales ever not part of the mix. My simple understanding of the insurance business is that the phone has been part of the process since Mr. Bell introduced it back in March 10, 1876 . Agents used to call for hours to set up people to see.

What I find amazing is in 2019 it's like the new hot way to do business. :huh:

Wow! The industry is just now catching on to using the phone after only 143 years. That's an awful long time to have call reluctance! ;)

Is that like a millennial thing or what? Micro-aggression... grab a friendly fur ball and get over it. :yes:

"have been able to survive"... that's the key to this business no matter how you approach your prospects. Seems like there are those who are still trying to sell some "secret sauce" to whomever they can find.

Funny thing I find in the time I've been watching the calling/knocking arguments... when were telesales ever not part of the mix. My simple understanding of the insurance business is that the phone has been part of the process since Mr. Bell introduced it back in March 10, 1876 . Agents used to call for hours to set up people to see.

What I find amazing is in 2019 it's like the new hot way to do business. :huh:

Wow! The industry is just now catching on to using the phone after only 143 years. That's an awful long time to have call reluctance! ;)
I only do email marketing to under 60 with Aetna, unique approach, my bank account is dropping on s daily basis, hmmmm:)

I don’t understand your response. But, I’m sorry if your having a negative experience with lead vendors. I’m absolutely not promoting any agenda I’m just finding my way like everyone else. I’m just willing to help anyone I can m! There’s enough to go around and I know we can all be successful together.
Please don’t take it that I’m against telesales because I’m not; I certainly applaud you if you can do it successfully and I would love to be able to do it myself; I’ve never tried it because all of the reviews have been negative; it seems like it takes a different set of skills than F2F which is not a bad thing if you can make the adjustment.

Awe Thanks Jerry, I really appreciate your input. Honestly I wasn’t being aggressive at all, I was just trying to help and wanted to make sure that he didn’t get over charged for leads. My problem is that I’m so sweet I just share everything lol, We’re all in this together, and I think that’s AWESOME if we can help each other out. Loss is the worst thing I’ve ever experienced I still cry when I think about the people in my life who’s passed away. The last one was the worst. So again, I’m just a really good person and if I came off wrong I’m so sorry.
No, I didn’t take anything negative from your posts. It wouldn’t be much of a forum if we all thought alike. I’ve been around a long time but I don’t think that I have all the answers; it seems that I learn something just about everyday because I’m always open to ideas that improve what I do.

Jerry I’m going to figure out this lead thing it seems to be a issue for so many agents. Even myself because spending 10.00 or more and not getting a sale adds up quick. My son’s majoring in Computer Science. He has 7 classes left and he’s done ✅ Then he’s mine lol well definitely start focusing on some of the ideas I have I’m super excited for the future of Insurance. It’s honestly going to get so much easier for the agents. Did you see the future of writing apps your going to love it!
Build a better mousetrap and they will buy it, the best of luck, keep us posted.

New Ideas are great. But they all have a hurdle to overcome... regardless of how you approach the business, the one thing in common that we all face each and every day is human nature. This is why from my observations, the old methods still work if you will work them.

Technology may help in reaching the masses, it may assist in making things (apps, quoting, underwriting, follow-up, ect.) easier, but technology for all its glory cannot take someone who; will not work, will not learn to listen, who doesn't know how or when to close and make them a great salesman.

As for the drop out rate... if you have been in this business for any time at all and are a student of the trade, and don't notice the wash out rate... you are neither a student nor a master of what practice. :no:

Have one.. Could never live with myself sanctioning killing a child.. especially after they have come to a full term birth. :no: To me, that child in the womb has much more vlaue than an eagle or a turtle still in the egg.
Yep, now they're starting to push POST birth abortions!!! How is that not murder??? :policeman:

Why not use birth control? I know that some of the abortions are by females that were raped, but some of these women have had multiple abortions and do it as a "convenience". Those same women that push Planned Parenthood, would be the one's screaming the loudest if a puppy or a kitten was aborted. There's a special place in Hell waiting for some of those people. :mad:

Back