Video Series on Wordpress

The spam free plugin seems easy to install. Although I moderate all comments, I get hundreds per day and the vast majority are spam. Of course, they never get published.

Has this plugin been around for awhile? I just want to make sure it doesn't carry a bug.

The spam free plugin seems easy to install. Although I moderate all comments, I get hundreds per day and the vast majority are spam. Of course, they never get published.

Has this plugin been around for awhile? I just want to make sure it doesn't carry a bug.

All of these have been around a long time, and get updated frequently, etc. Wouldn't recommend anything that I didn't use myself on all my sites. I've never had an issue out of any of them.

Spam free doesnt block everything but it does block all automated webspam that works through sockets because they can't load the little piece of java necessary to be allowed to comment. Basically it blocks all the scrapebox spam.

The idea behind these videos, I wanted to walk someone through basically the entire process of making the wordpress site, including the right plugins to use, how to set up, etc, so that you could follow along and basically build your own site.

For a DIY - grab the Genesis framework and a StudioPress theme. They have great tutorials on how to set the themes up and Youtube is packed with additional videos. Then you get access to the StudioPress forums where people are there to answer any question you have if you hit a snag or wish to style the site.

For a DIY - grab the Genesis framework and a StudioPress theme. They have great tutorials on how to set the themes up and Youtube is packed with additional videos. Then you get access to the StudioPress forums where people are there to answer any question you have if you hit a snag or wish to style the site.

I would argue that the headway theme framework is superior to genesis, if you want a fully customizable layout and ability to design your own page rather than going with someone else's pre-designed theme.

Genesis also doesn't appear to rank as well as headway either. A ton of the themes I've seen in genesis had seo issues right out of the box.

I'm trying to explain how to make a site that will rank organically, rather than how to just install a theme.

That's ok, I just have the exact opposite opinion. I would just suggest that agents research both - there's a lot of valuable info out there. I think saying that Headway is inherently better than Genesis for SEO is misleading statement, but I'll bow out.....

That's ok, I just have the exact opposite opinion. I would just suggest that agents research both - there's a lot of valuable info out there. I think saying that Headway is inherently better than Genesis for SEO is misleading statement, but I'll bow out.....

Oh I think I misstated that. Headway out of the box has the page structure and seo elements correctly set up, in combination with yoast. I set it up in a very specific way, I'm not certain that headway BY ITSELF is actually configured properly. I always use Yoast SEO plugin just for the easy cheat sheet to make sure the keyword has been inserted properly on the page.

I have seen themes that were on genesis framework that were set up out of the box incorrectly, doing things like using header tags to influence text size as a design element. That doesn't mean they all are bad, but I have seen a lot of themes that were very pretty that were done in ways that would cause them headaches with ranking in google.

Headway is not set up incorrectly when you install it. That's all I can really say, it would be very easy for someone to go right in and make it pretty bad in a few minutes if they didn't know how to structure their content canonically (basically number 1 element of on page SEO optimization). I'm going to do a video on that soon and write a short ebook on how to do it properly.

I'm not trying to argue with you about it either, I was just making a statement based on my experience with both.

Everyone has different opinions on that stuff, I'm against the grain by saying Thesis isn't the best framework. In most SEO circles, Thesis is considered the top dog, and Headway isn't the framework of choice at all. Headway isn't even on their map most of the time, and people would put Genesis above it most likely because they haven't even heard of headway.

I do have a few sites hitting national page 1 terms sitting on headway with very simple designs though, so I can prove that it is viable for seo purposes.

Oh I think I misstated that. Headway out of the box has the page structure and seo elements correctly set up, in combination with yoast. I set it up in a very specific way, I'm not certain that headway BY ITSELF is actually configured properly. I always use Yoast SEO plugin just for the easy cheat sheet to make sure the keyword has been inserted properly on the page.

I have seen themes that were on genesis framework that were set up out of the box incorrectly, doing things like using header tags to influence text size as a design element. That doesn't mean they all are bad, but I have seen a lot of themes that were very pretty that were done in ways that would cause them headaches with ranking in google.

Headway is not set up incorrectly when you install it. That's all I can really say, it would be very easy for someone to go right in and make it pretty bad in a few minutes if they didn't know how to structure their content canonically (basically number 1 element of on page SEO optimization). I'm going to do a video on that soon and write a short ebook on how to do it properly.

I'm not trying to argue with you about it either, I was just making a statement based on my experience with both.

Everyone has different opinions on that stuff, I'm against the grain by saying Thesis isn't the best framework. In most SEO circles, Thesis is considered the top dog, and Headway isn't the framework of choice at all. Headway isn't even on their map most of the time, and people would put Genesis above it most likely because they haven't even heard of headway.

I do have a few sites hitting national page 1 terms sitting on headway with very simple designs though, so I can prove that it is viable for seo purposes.

It's all good. Sorry if I came across wrong. I get a little worked up when I hear that "this and that" has better SEO....

There really is no wrong choice when it comes to frameworks and there's a lot out there. Genesis vs Thesis is a huge drag out fight in the WP community and it's like arguing whether or not a BMW is better than Mercedes. Both are great cars.

Just my opinion, but for a noobie with a "2 out of 10" knowledge of Wordpress, I really don't recommend they try to get any WP site up and running on their own. These are people who don't even know how to insert a pic. I'd only recommend that someone attempt their own WP site if they have at least a 6 out of 10 knowledge...or they're gonna throw their computer out the window.

Both of use have clients who don't even know how to increase the size of the font in the editor. Those people have no business even being in the dashboard. I do the service work for clients like that.

Back