Wanting to retire in a year

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have spent over 40 years in this business and would like to semi-retire in 2019. I haven't saved enough and spent way to much educating kids and getting my daughters married. Will be drawing SS and have several thousand a month in renewals. I would like to add 100 Medicare Supplements to my book in the next year. I have a TM who calls T65
Do you think I will be able to write 2 policies a week? I haven't targeted this market in years. I will be selling F2F in FL.

Yes, if you work it (and have one of the daughters write thank you cards to each sale to create a referral stream).

Just asking, have you looked at selling your book? Take the cash, invest it and enjoy retirement?

I work the Florida market exclusively . If you are targeting only Medsupps, you will have a hard time doing 2 a week. If you are open to marketing both medsupps and MAPD, it should not be very hard to hit your 100 policy mark, if you hustle.

I can remember back in the 90's I wrote an average of 25 policies a month. I lost most of my book because of Tricare for Life and quit targeting MS. I have got quotes from 2 renewal buyers and they were not what I expected.

Latest posts

Back