Web-based Multi Seat Dialer, Same Bucket of Leads

Hey guys I need some info on what it is that I need to get set up to start making out bound telemarketing calls. I really don't know much about it and it's quite confusing on here due to lingo abbreviations etc.

Best advice I can give you is don't overcomplicate this.

All you really need is a list of phone numbers to call, a phone, a pad of paper to take notes and knowledge of what you'll say when someones says hello.

Okay, you'll also need to scrub the list you call against the do not call list, which you can get access to for free for up to 5 area codes.

Once you have this (which can be done this morning), pick the the phone and start dialing. Try it for a few days, see how it goes.

Beyond that, what everyone talks about is a way to automate the dialing process so you can go from one call to the next with less 'downtime', and hopefully talk to more people throughout the day. It is also more motivational to know that as soon as you hang up one call, the system is dialing the next call for you, automatically. Several systems will even dial multiple people at once, trying to find you a real person to talk to. In short, these systems will let you go from 30 dials an hour doing it yourself, to 130 dials an hour. Remember though, no matter how you reach them, you can only talk to so many people an hour.

Don't get involved in any longterm contracts for dialing systems. Don't spend a lot of money till you've done it on your own a bit, at least a couple of weeks, to get an idea of what problems, if any, you are trying to solve with dialing systems.

Dan

That is some sound advice appreciate it! So right now I am marketing on my own with some success.

What I would like to know is what is needed to get someone or couple people on a vicidial dialer (not sure what that is exactly) making rapid outbound calls? -- It appears as though there are a few ways to do basically the same thing...is that right?

Sorry if these are dumb questions I just really am that lame when it comes to technology.

A few options, but creating your own box is a lot of work even if you know what you're doing. It's touchy and unstable.

-You can sign up for SalesDialers.com, Mojo, or any of a few other services.
-You can contact Brook Jolley, ksigmtsu, and he can help you get setup.
-You can try a vicidialnow type instance or another flavor of vicidial and swear at it until it works :)

I started off with the third option, but would have happily gone with the Brook option if it was available years ago.

What makes them preferable to a less expensive option like SalesDialers.com or Mojo?

I don't know anything about SalesDialers.com so I could not comment on that. Mojo I used and cancelled before the end of 1 month. Mojo required too much manually. If you have a list of prospects to upload all at once, it could work, but it doesn't give proper notification when a new lead is recieved so you of course can't be the first agent to call. For my business it just didn't make sense. The ability to track with notation for each lead is poor as well with Mojo. Inside Sales has everything right in front of you on one screen for prospect information/the call/and notes.

Yep, Mojo and Salesdialer are for bulk outbound dialing, basically cold calling. As far as I know, neither works great for working live leads.

Mojo has a system where it can alert you to a new lead, but it doesn't put it on a campaign to be called, such as call now, call 20 minutes from now, 60 minutes, 2 hours, etc.

Dan

:)
If you have a list of prospects to upload all at once, it could work, but it doesn't give proper notification when a new lead is recieved so you of course can't be the first agent to call. For my business it just didn't make sense. The ability to track with notation for each lead is poor as well with Mojo. Inside Sales has everything right in front of you on one screen for prospect information/the call/and notes.

Sounds like we're talking about two different purposes.

SalesDialers.com will accept leads from outside sources and does allows for drip e-mail marketing directly from the system. It also does keep track of notes and lets the user flag what state each lead is at, including scheduling callbacks.

For more info on their features you can check it out here:
SalesDialers Solution Features I Advantages of Power Dialing Solutions

Are you promoting Inside Sales? If not, you might want to give SalesDialers a try. They're likely less expensive and probably even have some features Inside Sales doesn't have.

Back