• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Website Advertising Guidelines

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Quick question. Is it compliant to list all the companies you're are appoint with on your website with a link to the carrier's homepage?

For example something structured like this:

Carriers I represent:

Unicare
Time
World
BC/BS
etc...

Agreed. You definitely want to get an embedded agent link so that when someone clicks on it, they go to the carrier through you. That protects your sales. If you use a generic link, they may by direct online and bypass you, which is not your intent.

Most carriers (at least in CA) are ok with co-branding and provide specific logos for agents to use. I did have a problem once with Secure Horizons and I wasn't even using their logo, just the name in text.

Exactly. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while someone submits an app right through my site - even after I've made several unsuccessful attempts to contact them.

My theory is they somehow think they're cutting me out thereby getting a better rate. Funny.

I was just trying to keep everything uniform. I am linking to my "agent page", but some carriers I represent don't have an agent page. I don't really want to use different size image files and would prefer text links.

For example, is it ok to just list the companies I represent and those that I have an agent page with, imbed the link?

Back