Website and Carriers Logo

Unless you are trashing the carrier, what do they care? I know there are several folks that start applications through my website but never show up when I check the carrier back office. I figure they get enough "free" business through me that they have no reason to complain.

Unless you are trashing the carrier, what do they care? I know there are several folks that start applications through my website but never show up when I check the carrier back office. I figure they get enough "free" business through me that they have no reason to complain.

Branding, branding, branding. That's why they get touchy about it.

If you run into issues with a client and get brought in to the DOI....the DOI goes back to all your carriers. They don't want to inherit any issues from a non-compliant website.

Check your contract. Most will include a usage clause. Some carriers are sticklers for compliance, and making sure you're actually appointed and that you display their logo correctly.

I don't have any carrier logos on my website, it is more of an informational site. I explain the differences between Supplements and MAPD plans, the requirements for Part D, and any other changes from one year to the next regarding Medicare - of course, with the requisite "This is not a government sponsored" site.

I am contracted with 11 different insurance companies, and checking their web usage options would be a fulltime job.

Back