What are a few (or many) of the fundamentals top producers all follow?

Dumbledood

Expert
I thought this would be a cool thread to discuss some of the things all top producers do that make them successful, like the specifics to what actually made them successful. Even though I'm pretty new, I've talked quite a bit with RVPs at my IMO, even Partners. But, I still can't seem to get the clarification I'm looking for.

I get it, buy leads, knock alot of doors, be consistent...but I do those things and don't write 10k ap a week right now (will possibly come with experience though lol). So, I think it'd be cool if seasoned people, or top producers could list down some of the things they think are absolutely necessary to be successful. Buy alot of leads? Is hiring alot of high quality people and building an agency paramount? Just straight up knocking more doors than any other agent? In your opinion, what are a few of the necessary things that must be done (for being successful at selling alot of final expense, and reaping the financial benefits)?

Find a group and leaders that will pour into you
Invest in 25-35 leads per week
Work 3-4 full sales days
(Later)Service your book of business & cross sell
Work harder then everyone else and 10k a week can happen

I thought this would be a cool thread to discuss some of the things all top producers do that make them successful, like the specifics to what actually made them successful. Even though I'm pretty new, I've talked quite a bit with RVPs at my IMO, even Partners. But, I still can't seem to get the clarification I'm looking for.

I get it, buy leads, knock alot of doors, be consistent...but I do those things and don't write 10k ap a week right now (will possibly come with experience though lol). So, I think it'd be cool if seasoned people, or top producers could list down some of the things they think are absolutely necessary to be successful. Buy alot of leads? Is hiring alot of high quality people and building an agency paramount? Just straight up knocking more doors than any other agent? In your opinion, what are a few of the necessary things that must be done (for being successful at selling alot of final expense, and reaping the financial benefits)?

What part of NC are you in? I'm in Raleigh. As far as the bold above........you need to do more of it. Invest in more leads, make more presentations, make more sales, make more commissions, make more profit. Call me sometime...252-292-3350.

Find a group and leaders that will pour into you
Invest in 25-35 leads per week
Work 3-4 full sales days
(Later)Service your book of business & cross sell
Work harder then everyone else and 10k a week can happen

What do you mean 3-4 sales days? I typically work Monday through Friday running leads and cold knocking.

They don't not worry or waste time on responder cards they won't sell.
Does your group teach appointment setting?

Haha, so I'm just curious as to what you meant then? What do you do the other 2 days?
I’m not 100% “Final Expense” these days, so I may not be the best guy to ask. But when I was running FE leads, I ran hard for 4 days. I’m a door knocker, so I knocked every lead, as well as their neighbors. In those days, my leads were usually all in the same zip code, so I could knock a whole set, and go back for the “not homes” a couple more times in those 4 days.

Leads are more spread out now, so I think if I were getting into it now I might do more calling for appointments. Most, if not all, of the top FE producers call for appointments, usually reserving at least one day of the week just for calling leads.

My Fridays have always been generally reserved for admin & paperwork. In the past there was more physical work to do, like faxing & mailing apps. These days, most of the FE apps I work with are paperless, so I don’t need Friday for that anymore. But, as I mentioned, I’m involved in other markets now that are more service intensive (ok, I went back to being a debit agent! LOL!), so I need my Friday admin day more than ever!

Haha, so I'm just curious as to what you meant then? What do you do the other 2 days?
A lot of agents say they only work two days in the field.. On Monday, they call to set up appointments with people to see on Tuesday. On Wednesday , they call to set appointments with people to see on Thursday. Friday is detail day in the office. Sat and Sun are off days. There are agents that work this schedule that make over $200K per year.

Back