What are my career options with a life and health insurance license in CA?

Jewlee

Expert
I am new here and don't know if I can even use this forum for asking career related questions. So I have my license now in Life and Health insurance and I signed on to be an agent for American Income. I LOVE the company and the people, but since I have Lyme disease, I've had issues with my short-term memory and because their style of doing business involves so much of that, I'm very concerned I'm not going to be able to meet up to their expectations. I would eventually be able to do this kind of work for them, but because they pay well, and I don't blame them, they want people who can jump in and produce fast. What people like about me is they trust me, I've always had this about UPDATED: #Berkeley; Explosives Thrown At Officers, Tear Gas Deployed WATCH LIVE STREAM - Breaking911. I am a hard worker and have been in sales my entire life. However, at 50 yrs old, I don't know if this is what I want to do and my question???? Are all companies that you sign on with to produce (in this case final expense and paycheck protection) involve such complex information because you're also expected to know underwriting. Anyways, I'm just being honest and feeling very overwhelmed with no one to talk to. Are there any other career opportunities out there that would fit for having this license that doesn't involve this fast paced sales? Sorry if I'm off topic, just need advice ...thank you.

Spammer? Well here's my license number and I'm so sorry I need to ask for help on an online forum and thought I could get good people to answer me. But I can see that this isn't a place to go to for help … Here's my license # in California 4047023. And I'm NOT ASHAMED for showing a weakness. I guess I'm not wanted here, thanks for you help .

You have a valid license # and I looked it up, so maybe you're not a spammer, but that link certainly doesn't help. And I don't know how a link shows up on accident.

You're right I saw that too and was wondering how it got there. But I think it's because I wrote so much information, and since I use to own an alternative media website, as a independent journalist, making money from ads, that's what I think it could be? The person or people who own this aren't doing themselves justice, because I don't see that many ads here. You can get millions of hits on your site a month, you can make great income.

Anyways, THANK YOU For that link. I am just feeling so much pressure and have done sales most of my life, this just seems like it may not be the right fit for me. I'm not driven by money like I use to be. Thank you again.

Reactions: DHK
Glad you came back and saw my posts. (Before your thread, 100% of the time, it WAS a spammer and they never came back to post anything else - they just wanted clicks on their URL.)

This video may be helpful too because our industry tends to recruit, but doesn't teach the risk-taker how to assess the career risks.

Back