What Capabilities Are Needed from a Web Host in Order to Implement Web Forms?

That's sort of like asking what kind of a filter you need to change your oil.

Nearly any site host will let you do that, but it really comes down more to who's writing the site. One of the easiest ways to do that is to build a website on wordpress and just use a plugin. Even if you can't do it yourself, it's relatively inexpensive to pay someone to do it for you.

Feel free to PM me or email me about your site if you want more specifics.

How is your site done now?

Is it on a CMS like Wordpress, Joomla, etc?

If so, just get a forms add on. If not, you will need to add html into yours.

Next, worry about security of the sent information, etc. Secondly, what do you want the form to do? Add the info into your CRM? Send you an email?

Rather than program your form yourself, you can use a system like Wufoo to create your form. They've got a free plan to get you going.

Here's a video I did last year showing a few of the things you can do with Wufoo:

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely don't need to be asking the web host this question, but rather your CMS. Also, it'd be good if the form has some method of tracking functionality, so you know how they're coming to your contact form (ie. Paid search advertisements, visiting the website naturally, etc.) If you have any questions on that, let me know. Good luck finding a form!

http://www.enhanceinsurance.com

Last edited:
Back