What Do You Think About My New Website?

i took a look at your site and its very clean. You designed it yourself? If so thats pretty good. What types of SEO techniques did you use im curious, if you dont mind sharing.

Sorry to just be getting back to you. So you want to know some SEO techniques? The first thing I can say is ALWAYS write unique content. Then submit some of the articles to your website because Google always likes unique content.

After that take some more articles that you wrote that are NOT posted to your website and submit those to sites like propeller, yahoo news etc... This will get you nice traffic only if the article is a good one. This is another great way to get returning traffic.

The other good thing about getting articles out to other sites and categories that relate to your site is Google loves sites that link back to your site with related content. Other great sites to submit your unique article to is Ezine articles, and scribed.

You will get more traffic and more links that way. When submitting your articles to these sites make sure you highlight a word which would be one of your keywords to your site, or a keyword to your article and make a link to that word that points to your website. That is called article marketing.

The three different types of important SEO links. How to SEO Your Website
  1. Internal links: (On-site links) Links on the site, pointing to other parts of the site.
  2. Outbound links: Links on the site, pointing to other sites than the one the link is on.
  3. Inbound links: Links on other sites, pointing to the site in question or to separate pages within the site.
Keywords in URLs
  • Generally speaking, it's beneficial to have keywords contained within your URL structure. Having the keyword in your URL helps search engines understand what your page is about and also helps users know what they are likely to find on the page. Consider these two examples and see which you find more useful:
  1. example.com/123467/9876/
  2. example.com/images/tulips/
On Page SEO Factors and Considerations
  • On-page SEO factors deal with the elements that are on the actual web page. Links from other sites are off-page factors.
  1. Most professional SEOs consider the title element the strongest on-page SEO factor, so it's important to pay attention to it.
  2. You want a title that is short and eye-catching, with as many keywords as possible.
  3. Make sure your title still reads cleanly; do not have an unintelligible keyword-stuffed title, as this will display in the search engine listing for your website.
  4. Included your site name in your title for branding purposes.
  5. Whether to place your website name at the front or end of the title can be decided by personal preference.
  6. If you are a large company or well-recognized brand, such as Coca-Cola or Ford, you can place your name at the beginning of the page title. This lets you build on the trust in your brand.
  7. Smaller or less well-known companies should place their names near the end of the title, so that a browser's focus goes to the keywords in your title.
Content Considerations
  • Content refers to the pages and articles on your website, excluding your template. Creating content that is entertaining, interesting, educational, informative, funny, or compelling in some other way is the best way for you to encourage people to visit your site frequently, link to you, and ultimately improve your rankings. The more unique and interesting your content is, the more value it has to your site's visitors. For example, there are millions of websites about iPods. There are very few websites about putting your iPod in a blender, smashing your iPod, or hacking your iPod to do new things. Think of your content as your point of differentiation.
  • Most content falls into three different categories: boilerplate, news, and evergreen.
  • Boilerplate Content
    • Boilerplate content is general information.
    1. Your about us page, testimonials, contact information, privacy contract, and terms of service constitute boilerplate content.
    2. These pages exist to help website visitors get to know you, learn to trust you, and feel comfortable sharing information or making a purchase from you.
  • News Content
    • News content is content that has a short-term lifespan.
    1. News pages can remain relevant for a few hours, or even a few months.
    2. Eventually people stop searching for the term and the page will get very little traffic after that.
  • Evergreen Content
    • Evergreen content is content which has a long lifespan. An example of long term content is How to Paint a Room.
    1. Techniques for painting your interior rooms aren't going to change much for the foreseeable future.
    2. The number of people who are searching to learn how to paint a room will remain fairly constant from one year to the next.
    • Most websites have a blend of news and evergreen content. This will vary from one industry to the next. Gadgets and technology websites will have more news content, whereas websites about William Shakespeare will have more evergreen content.
    • Creating good content is only part of the equation. Once you have the good content, you have to make sure other people know about it, read it, link to it, or tell other people they know about it. For new websites you will have to engage in more proactive marketing.
Link Building and Link Development
  • Links are the primary method a search engine uses to discover your website, and a key factor in its rankings. Links help search engines determine how trustworthy and authoritative your website is, and they also help search engines figure out what your website is about.
  1. Links from trusted authoritative websites tell search engines that your website is more reliable and valuable.
  2. A link from websites like CNN , The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal are more valuable than links from your local neighborhood garage or realtor.
  3. Search engines also look at the anchor text (words that link to your website).
  4. When someone links to you with the words blue widget they are telling the search engines you are about the words blue, widget, and blue widget.
  5. Links also increase in value over time.
  6. The longer a link has been in place, the more effective it is in passing along trust, authority, and ranking power to your website.
Continue to do your research, and study. That's the only way your going to get better. I hopes this helps

Thanks Again for all the reply's and comments guys.

Last edited:
Not bad! once you become #2 for 'insurance' you will have to pay back for all the help on this forum:)

I deleted my post to be nice. You almost fooled the Forum.

I have no clue what you are referring to. I simply posted some information that I use for SEO to help people. Some people don't like to click on external sites to read content because the thought of it being a security risk, nor does the information I post benefit me anyway. I didn't think that someones first thought about it would be negative, or I would have posted a link.

Your post gave the impression (at least, to me) that it was your original content and ideas. And since you are selling your services, that's relevant.

You didn't insert the link until after I pointed it out.

Just my opinion.

Back