What does Medicare pay to MA plans

I am not biased because I sell MS or give away MA. I do neither. But, I do have enough sense to know that if companies are giving away a product and bribing people to take it, then there is a ton of money in it for them.
As I said in a previous post, under cronyism the taxpayers lose

The solution is to end Medicare, but nobody here will admit it, because we all are riding the gravy train

MAPD or medsupp, in the end it doesn't really matter

I am not biased because I sell MS or give away MA. I do neither. But, I do have enough sense to know that if companies are giving away a product and bribing people to take it, then there is a ton of money in it for them.

How can anyone argue with a KFF article? We have always known that MA is corrupted to the core with constant bribery between the politicians and the MA companies. If they were to take the training wheels off and pay the MAs like an average MA beneficiary, then we could get a more accurate picture. Our current system is a financial land grab for corporate millionaires and billionaires.
Surprise ! Surprise!

This has nothing to to do with care. It's simple math,simply that.

oh, but it has a lot to do with care.

MA care is (it is alleged, & in some ways obviously is) "managed". Managed with the intent of flattening costs - not necessarily reducing them, but reducing the projected/anticipated rate of increase.

Some maintain that is happening. And some data supports that. Some say the nature of Medicare spending forecasts practically guarantee that realized spending is always very unlikely to meet/exceed forecasts.

And some have other views of the thing. And with 50% of beneficiaries currently enrolled, it probably would be difficult to change things based solely on simple math.

oh, but it has a lot to do with care.

MA care is (it is alleged, & in some ways obviously is) "managed". Managed with the intent of flattening costs - not necessarily reducing them, but reducing the projected/anticipated rate of increase.

Some maintain that is happening. And some data supports that. Some say the nature of Medicare spending forecasts practically guarantee that realized spending is always very unlikely to meet/exceed forecasts.

And some have other views of the thing. And with 50% of beneficiaries currently enrolled, it probably would be difficult to change things based solely on simple math.

A great start would be to stop allowing MAPD Duals the endless supply of free flex cards, food cards, gasoline cards, etc and get back to providing healthcare. Then, actively AUDIT where the money is being spent and that CMS is calling them out when they are denying too many prior auths, denying quality healthcare, etc.

A great start would be to stop allowing MAPD Duals the endless supply of free flex cards, food cards, gasoline cards, etc and get back to providing healthcare

It's been well-documented - for decades - that a lot of the "health" - and health cost management - challenges for low-income groups whose members disproportionately contend with multiple chronic health conditions come down to stabilizing life conditions many of us take for granted. No, I'm not talking about social determinants of health faddism, either. look up work done by Dr. Jeff Brenner in Camden NJ, years ago, or further back, the story of Million Dollar Murray (some say it's a "health care-adjacent" tale, but the thrust is similar).

tl;dr, getting someone to/from an MD appointment can pay health care - & cost - dividends.

A great start would be to stop allowing MAPD Duals the endless supply of free flex cards, food cards, gasoline cards, etc and get back to providing healthcare. Then, actively AUDIT where the money is being spent and that CMS is calling them out when they are denying too many prior auths, denying quality healthcare, etc.

Unfortunately the benefit wagon is not just duals . Aetna’s giving up to $60 a month combined food/ otc on regular Plans . Throw in $600-$1200 for golf shoes , athletic shoes, tents , golf clubs and greens etc it’s ridiculous. Cms had the ability to deny these benefits and didn’t . Mb’s are being bribed by CO’s . People care about benefits over health care now . Aetna’s buying business this yr hoping when they lower them they keep a block of it .

Unfortunately the benefit wagon is not just duals . Aetna’s giving up to $60 a month combined food/ otc on regular Plans . Throw in $600-$1200 for golf shoes , athletic shoes, tents , golf clubs and greens etc it’s ridiculous. Cms had the ability to deny these benefits and didn’t . Mb’s are being bribed by CO’s . People care about benefits over health care now . Aetna’s buying business this yr hoping when they lower them they keep a block of it .

I think the fitness benefit was a genius idea to try to get these Seniors active and off the couch. In 2025 every company will have some version of it. I think the weights and exercise bikes, etc they can buy to use at home will help some people who don’t feel comfortable using the gym membership and exercising in front of others.

Back