What is UHC Agents' Protocol for Mailing Enrollment Applications?

My question was about Med Advantage plans. The question came up because I met a woman who was enrolled by mail and phone ( not a face to face) into an HMO. SHE continued to pay for her Supp even while enrolled on the HMO. Her Part B drugs ALONE total $100/mo on the HMO which justifies her Plan G premium (since they would be $0 after deductible). I don't think that the agent did an adequate needs analysis (if anything at all) since it's easier to just mail the stuff out, I guess. But, I also blame the woman for not insisting on a FTF appt given her previous health history (dialysis, then kidney transplant) and asking more questions.

FTF has nothing to do with it, I have seen that and worse enrolled FTF.An Agent is either honest or not FTF has nothing to do with that.

Also sometimes its not the agent sometimes the prospect has a friend with say humana gold, and prospect has heath issues and is OE, I have had this and explained everything in full and explained OE and how important the decision is.But thats is Mary down the block just loves her humana gold and its $0 and does not want to hear about anything else.

but a year later calls me up unhappy.Too Late. Prospect doesn't understand

Most times yes it is a bad agent but many times prospects make bad discussions based on friends and family

Also could have been a captive agent with nothing else to offer

Back