What % Should I Expect from IMO on Annuities

You need at least a street level contract...good support and technology.

If your IMO doesnt run ALL quotes for you, scrub your applications and are available when you call...change IMO's.

I just made the switch to a new IMO a few months ago for multiple reasons. one was for a higher contract which was about 30% difference and the other was the company I was with just wasn't a good fit for me.

Now that I have come across a couple clients to help roll over their 401k's I am seeing that the new IMO is paying less on the annuity side then I had before.

what is a good % on an annuity and who all can I go direct with.

thanks in advance

Like everyone else said it really depends on the carrier and which product with that carrier you're selling. You're most likely looking at a commission of between 5% and 7% on most of the competitive FIA's out there (keep in mind that there are some carriers who offer trail options also). There are some companies like AZ which will increase your commission % as you hit certain levels of commissions. As I'm sure comp isn't the only thing that drives your decision making, there's nothing wrong with asking what the comp is on the product you're considering for your client. If you need help with this, just ask. I can give you an answer if you share the product you're selling.

Back