What to Do

Can you guys comment on my advise how to this guy can most effectively resolve his situation. He did say he did not want the trouble getting it fixed and he clearly indicated he wanted to get rid of the truck.
So what you say about my approach getting most out of the claim and having truck sold as is..?

Not gonna let you off the hook that easily. Making bold declarative statements regarding the accuracy of the estimate, with no knowledge of the scope of damage itself, (or, wait for it... a copy of the estimate...) is unprofessional and irresponsible. You have, knowingly or otherwise, attempted to impugn the competence and integrity of whoever performed the estimate with zero basis for doing so. That does not sit well with me. If you had done it with reasonable justification, it would be a totally different story, but the fact is that you decided to run your mouth about something that you have extremely limited information about (no pics, no estimate and only the barest description of damage).

And the word is "advice", not "advise". One is a noun; the other is a verb. When you are in the process of giving "advice", you are "advising". Once the opinion or counsel has been given, it becomes "advice".

So, you have no idea how to help this guy to resolve his situation? And you can't comment on my "advise". So what are you doing on this forum?

ClaimsAdvocates
I already explained to the OP how to handle the situation, so stating that "I have no idea how to help" is as unqualified a remark as the remainder of your drivel.

With regards to your misspelled advice to the OP, I have commented at length on it, as well as the dubious veracity of your statements regarding the amount of the estimates, scope of damages, cost of repairs etc.

why..?!? I like it.. :)

You do not seem to be very good at it, just based on your earlier unqualified statements.

Back