• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What Was Your Income for the First 12 Months Your Were Selling Insurance?

What was your income the first 12 months you were in the insurance business?

• $0-$20K

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • $20K-$30K

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • $30K-$40K

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • $40K-$50K

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • $50k-$75K

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • More than $75K

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
It is possible.... You have to know the right people so to speak. There's a couple guys in my area that grossed over $900k last yr in insurance and securities business. Mostly securities though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There was also a guy at the Bankers office I started at afew years ago that comes to mind. 2 years ago he made $187k in new business with $88k in renewals on top of that. Was his 3rd yr I believe. He was MDRT and #1 in life premium for the company. Pretty good for working at that crap hole of a company...

Last edited:
I was in the 0 to 20 the first 12 months but the 75+ my next 12 months. The difference was leads and a systematic plan to work them. Also helped to have a good mentor.

I am captive and did over 30k w/hourly wage and commissions selling med supp and Rx. I want to go independent and sell med supp in my state as well as CA. Also, possibly sell FE. Just don't really know where to go to get started and/or how to get started.

Back