What Would Be a Good Place to Start for New Agent?

Dont say that no experience is a recipe for faliure. At 22 i started my own agency with no expereince. I will say that it is frustrating but rewarding in the end. Its your call to be your own boss or work for an agency. Either way good luck with your decision.

I also started at a young age, 23. After you get licensed, go ask for a producer job at an Independent Agency. Then learn commercial lines and life as fast as you can. Those lines can produce some big commissions (and seed money) for a new agent starting out.

Save up and buy a small book (agency) of personal lines, somewhere close by. After your no compete is finished, roll the business over to your new agency. This is a 7-10 year strategy. There are NO get rich quick deals in insurance.

I also started at a young age, 23. After you get licensed, go ask for a producer job at an Independent Agency. Then learn commercial lines and life as fast as you can. Those lines can produce some big commissions (and seed money) for a new agent starting out.

Save up and buy a small book (agency) of personal lines, somewhere close by. After your no compete is finished, roll the business over to your new agency. This is a 7-10 year strategy. There are NO get rich quick deals in insurance.

This is solid advice.

Back