What would you do to retire at age 50?

I can tether my phone to my laptop and get internet to possibly take some courses. :) My younger brother is doing that right now also. But if I can do it also then it's all the better.

The area that I live in and know well between San Antonio and Dallas along I-35 is growing like wildfire. There's probably good opportunities here.

When I moved in to where I am now I heard cows moo every day and night. But I don't hear mooing cows anymore because so many people are building houses. :( It was very relaxing but soon probably I'll just hear sirens.

You can look at where roads are being built, sewer lines, plans with HUD, etc. to forecast the growth. You should invest BEFORE or DURING growth, not after. I made that mistake a few times in the beginning. For long term buy and hold you want to look at scarcity of land, employment centers, economic long term trends.

Personally I've always been a fan of Texas for real estate and in general. I love the people, the food and the culture. The heat, not so much.

You can look at where roads are being built, sewer lines, plans with HUD, etc. to forecast the growth. You should invest BEFORE or DURING growth, not after. I made that mistake a few times in the beginning. For long term buy and hold you want to look at scarcity of land, employment centers, economic long term trends.

Personally I've always been a fan of Texas for real estate and in general. I love the people, the food and the culture. The heat, not so much.

Take brisk walks out in a Texas summer for about an hour or so and you will be used to heat in no time and it wont be an issue. The human body is very adaptable. I can tell you that being a Texan that has to drive up to the Dakotas and dealing with 0 degree temps and high wind. We have a lot of room for you if you are interested in moving out. We got the best barbeque.. and Mexican food available anywhere. We try to better our on positions as much as possible of course but in the end what matters most is making people smile. Upside-down smiles are no good.

You might also get bored retiring at 50,

Another option would but to target as a new chapter in life retire from trucking and start a small buis to keep you busy doing something different and bringing in incolme doing something different then driving

I am 75.... I would love to be 50!

Here you go.

1200px-TeamTimeCar.com-BTTF_DeLorean_Time_Machine-OtoGodfrey.com-JMortonPhoto.com-07.jpg

Back