When they know more than you...

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Talked in Feb to a couple, over 65, A-only. "Very smart."

Kept interrupting me -- many things they were well aware of and "no, you don't need to send us instructions, we've been on SS's website we know how to enroll in Medicare. We can figure it out"

I ignored them and still sent my standard "how to add on Part B" e-mail -- outlining the two methods (online and paper). I also verbally told them that they needed to follow my instructions and enroll using the proper forms since they're leaving group coverage. "Yeah, ok, we'll do it." (meanwhile, they ignore it of course -- and I know they opened my e-mail).

Guess who got 7/1 start dates? Haha. It's a shame that they processed it under GEP rather than SEP because they signed up the wrong way and wouldn't listen.

(this all happened actually back in March - they wanted 5/1 - just now posting about it because I keep getting e-mails from them about it -- they keep blaming SS for processing it wrong).

Similar attitude on the phone when going over advantage plans - I asked a bunch of questions (providers, Rx's, etc.), then set an appointment for a few days later when I figured out a good plan -- and while I'm on the line the husband I could tell thought I was full of crap because he "found a better plan" and kept interrupting - I could hear him say in the background "I think there are better options." He gets on the phone and basically said, "Scott, you're telling me that xyz Humana plan is a good fit for us but I think I found a better one." Finally, I asked him what plan had $0 on everything and he's looking at an SNP. Look, dude, why are you people talking with me if you think you have it all figured out....

[it's all good, though, the $1,146 for two new MAPDs will still be a good payday even with the nusiance]

why are you people talking with me if you think you have it all figured out....

I have had a few of those through the years. They are very short conversations, usually less than 5 minutes.

"I thank you for contacting me, and asking for my help, but I really don't think there is anything I can do for you that you can't do yourself. My advice is to go direct with the carrier of your choice and let them service your coverage. Have a nice day".

The next sound they hear is a dial tone and that's the end of it . . . except one time when a guy called me back "Did you hang up on me?".

Well, I did say goodbye, perhaps you did not listen. So let me say it again. I have nothing to offer you, so call the carrier and enroll direct. Have a nice day, goodbye.

The guy actually called back a few more times after that . . . I let it go to voice mail. Each successive message was more abusive than the prior one.

Perhaps I can get Don's phone number and refer the next PITA prospect to him.

Talked in Feb to a couple, over 65, A-only. "Very smart."

Kept interrupting me -- many things they were well aware of and "no, you don't need to send us instructions, we've been on SS's website we know how to enroll in Medicare. We can figure it out"

I ignored them and still sent my standard "how to add on Part B" e-mail -- outlining the two methods (online and paper). I also verbally told them that they needed to follow my instructions and enroll using the proper forms since they're leaving group coverage. "Yeah, ok, we'll do it." (meanwhile, they ignore it of course -- and I know they opened my e-mail).

Guess who got 7/1 start dates? Haha. It's a shame that they processed it under GEP rather than SEP because they signed up the wrong way and wouldn't listen.

(this all happened actually back in March - they wanted 5/1 - just now posting about it because I keep getting e-mails from them about it -- they keep blaming SS for processing it wrong).

Similar attitude on the phone when going over advantage plans - I asked a bunch of questions (providers, Rx's, etc.), then set an appointment for a few days later when I figured out a good plan -- and while I'm on the line the husband I could tell thought I was full of crap because he "found a better plan" and kept interrupting - I could hear him say in the background "I think there are better options." He gets on the phone and basically said, "Scott, you're telling me that xyz Humana plan is a good fit for us but I think I found a better one." Finally, I asked him what plan had $0 on everything and he's looking at an SNP. Look, dude, why are you people talking with me if you think you have it all figured out....

[it's all good, though, the $1,146 for two new MAPDs will still be a good payday even with the nusiance]

I tell POTENTIAL clients like the above...

I will look into the options available and will be in touch. Then, they get crickets....I don't care if I leave $5,146.00 on the table at this point I don't need it that bad. These type of people with such attitudes can not be made happy.

I had a client recently drop a plan to go elsewhere, then call me for assistance to get the plan I initiated back. I told her I am not taking any at this time and gave her the good luck line. Or....if I get any indication that they will be a possible headache I might go ahead and take an enrollment and drill down on them to call the 800 customer service # and that I have very limited time.

I don't care if I leave $5,146.00 on the table at this point I don't need it that bad.

What are you selling to make that much on one (or two if husband & wife) sale?

Or is that a challenge to Don to see if he will "best" your commission totals?

I know you love me but the love your showing is getting ridiculous!!! Lol

What part of the statement " I don't need it that bad" did you not comprehend?

Lmao, No challenge to Doń, I am never jealous towards one that produces more than myself.... only proud of a person that works hard and is successful!!!

Back