• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Where does an agency owner find sales agents?

No Cute Name said:

With everyone sitting at home collecting fake printed money, it's hard to find good help these days.

The unemployment free-for-all ended early last September. I know just a very few people who are recently laid off, and they're looking for jobs with salary and benefits. They've had competition for jobs, just like in the past and the employers aren't throwing money their way.

I sell ACA and have been noticing a trend of people in their late 50s leaving their jobs, and the plan is to live off of savings and draw on pensions before SS kicks in.

No Cute Name said:

With everyone sitting at home collecting fake printed money, it's hard to find good help these days.

The unemployment free-for-all ended early last September. I know just a very few people who are recently laid off, and they're looking for jobs with salary and benefits. They've had competition for jobs, just like in the past and the employers aren't throwing money their way.

I sell ACA and have been noticing a trend of people in their late 50s leaving their jobs, and the plan is to live off of savings and draw on pensions before SS kicks in.

I'm in my early 40s and left job, using savings, low stress sales and writing to supplement my income. It's the best retirement ever. The state still pays my medical because my wife is still there..

They don't need experience. Happy to hire a waitress or bartender who has integrity, work ethic, attitude, etc. The bigger issue is finding people who want to work. Any sources where any of you have been successful finding these people? Thanks.

A lot of industries are looking for people who "want to work", what everyone on this thread has been asking you is what do you or your agency bring to the table that would entice someone to work for you?

The very first agency I interviewed at the guy sat me down at his table and asked me some basic interview questions "why do you want to work in insurance?" Etc. The place was essentially a sweatshop, you get put in a cubicle with a phone and computer and are expected to cold call all day with no training. Then he hands me a contract to sign that was all in his favor, I wouldn't own my book, I had to pay for my own license and a bunch of other crap.

I walked out of there and figured the whole industry sucked, so for 8 years I went and did other things.

Then I got hired by an agency that actually cared, I was paid a salary my first year, given some small accounts to work on, they paid for my licensing, gave me pointers and resources, answered my questions, paid for my licensing and courses towards a CIC designation. Sure this was a much bigger initial investment for them, but obviously it's paid dividends.

So coming on here and whining why no one wants to work for you and not answering why anyone should work for you isn't going to solve anything. You need to look at yourself and agency externally and wonder how you can make yourself an attractive option for someone looking to build a career.

Or you can be like the first agency I interviewed at and just try to get warm bodies in a chair and dialing.

Your choice

Alex, I came on here to start a polite conversation with folks who wanted to share helpful information. So spare me your undeserved shot about me "whining".

Back