Which is Better?

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
I just bought a domain from Domain.com and got an email to go with it. Now I'm trying to figure out whether Lynux Hosting is better or Windows Hosting?

I'd appreciate some feedback.

Be careful what crowd you ask that question to! It's similar to "Which is better, Coke or Pepsi?" or "Which is better, Mac or PC?". Lots of opinions, but in the end both work fine, just for different needs.

What do you plan on doing with the domain name/website? If you can give a few specifics of your needs and plans, I'm sure a few of the tech-minded folks around you can point you in the right direction without too much religious debate.

Aaron

I just bought a domain from Domain.com and got an email to go with it. Now I'm trying to figure out whether Lynux Hosting is better or Windows Hosting?

I'd appreciate some feedback.

I was told that Lynux is better and most of the time cost more.

WIndows use to crash more than it does today..

I'm not an internet/marketing expert, by any stretch of the imagination. However, I do know one or two things. You're domain name conveys an important message. For example, Peeler, your domain names say it all. What does bobtheinsuranceguy.com convey to a prospect? What type of insurance? What location? Does the name give an aura of trust or a hint of expertise? Is he a professional? Sounds like bob the builder. Bob- I apologize in advance to you-this is not meant to bust on you at all, but truly meant as constructive criticism. Am I wrong here?

Last edited:
I think bobtheinsuranceguy.com conveys a regular, one of us trustworthy insurance guy, out to help you. So it's in the eye of the beholder. I think peelerinsurance conveys we are insurance salesmen (no offense). Probably hard to convey the same image across the spectrom.

I like the domain bobtheinsuranceguy.com. The website could be set up a bit more "friendly" than down to business.

People like to work with others they think care. Given a choice between working with "Insuranceexperts.com" and "BobtheInsuranceGuy," I'll take Bob every time.

Rick

Back