Which Option is Better for Me?

If you really need to pay it on your own ask him to get you 3 estimates and you will pay him.

Not sue if I would pay $2k on my own..even if your insurance go up it will be over time not by $2K.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. It is completely different in each state. I had a kid the other day who has liability only. He had a minor accident and his premium went from $118/month to $297/month. We shopped it around with every indy agent in town and that's the best we could find.

Well. We decided to go with the claim. Money is tight, and we are not filling anything for my son's car. I don't know yet if the insurance cost will increase for my son, but I hope the "damage" is minimal.

Filing a claim is the right thing to do.
As a used car lot person, they fix this stuff all the time, it doesn't cost them anywhere near $2000. That was all just extra profit for him, playing on your fears of a claim with a 16 year old driver.

An estimate from a body shop that doesn't owe him a favor would have been a good idea, perhaps. Probably not worth hassling over.

Dan

Have you gone [FONT=&quot]over your auto insurance policy to understand what will be covered and what won't be covered? Try to balance the pros and cons of the difference between the cost of your car for replacement, what you owe on your car, and gap coverage and lastly don’t just agree to any estimates your agent gives.[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back