Which states have the most FE buyers?

The sweet spot for FE, in my opinion, is ages 59-74, annual income under $65k. Of course that age range is kind of narrow for lead orders. I honestly haven’t ordered leads for quite a while. But when I did, I usually shot for ages 55-79.

Besides lead volume, there are other factors that enter in to what makes a good market. One important factor is saturation. If there are 100 agents working in a zip code that gets a 5% response rate to DM, it still might be better to work in a zip code that only gets a 1% response rate if there are only 10 agents working it at the same time.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you currently getting in front of people, if you no longer purchase leads?

If you don't mind me asking, how are you currently getting in front of people, if you no longer purchase leads?
Most of my sales come from my own book of business, either additional coverage within the same household or referrals to other friends and family members. I sometimes get a home office referral from someone calling in for service or a quote. But most is from my BOB.

It may be easier for me because of my involvement in the debit side of the business, which probably makes up about 1/3 of my total book. The magic of the home service debit is the way an agent can build really lasting relationships (which is a net positive trade-off for the extra service work involved). However, much of what I’ve learned from the debit system carries over; helping me build relationships with my more traditional clientele, too.

Last edited:
Back