Who here works or has worked with JD Mellberg in the last year?

Saw this a while ago. Don't know the extent to which this company is involved.

An investment fraud involving structured cash flows:

National Wave Of Five Lawsuits Filed Against "Middlemen" Who Lined Up Victims In $100 Million Predatory Retirement Investment Scheme
sometimes a mere alternative strategy idea evolves into an investment fraud or is deemed bad later when looked at by clients, children or regulators. this idea might not have been for everyone, but maybe just a strategy for those consumers that wouldn't buy SPIA/income annuities.

OK so I'm the "fool agent" that did sign up and was told the same BS about getting "more leads than you can handle in your area" - not true at all! Thought it was a good idea at the time, didn't mind the split considering I didn't have to buy leads, but yes, they run your ass off far, far away from your chosen radius. Never minded driving but really, when they are not confirmed, you are wasting time and money. I should have known better, been selling for 10 years, just got tired of dealing with so many different lead companies and prospecting myself. Ugh Ugh Ugh - and now what? How do I get out? How do I get my old contracts back? If anyone out there has left, please help!

How do I get my old contracts back? If anyone out there has left, please help!

You will be held captive. They don't want to sign an up front open release, so you probably don't have that. They might bump you back up to "street" level.

Put the name of the person that you talked to on here and give them as much bad PR as you can. I call it rattling their cages.

Last edited:
I will be held captive? I signed with a zillion carriers! Excuse me while I go vomit, I am such an ***! The guys name is JAMES HILL and they are still recruiting on indeed.com, more so than ever. I just wanted to get in front of people and sell annuities, suppose that's asking too much. Back to the FE world I go, do you know if it can work over the phone?

I will be held captive? I signed with a zillion carriers! Excuse me while I go vomit, I am such an ***! The guys name is JAMES HILL and they are still recruiting on indeed.com, more so than ever. I just wanted to get in front of people and sell annuities, suppose that's asking too much. Back to the FE world I go, do you know if it can work over the phone?

I forgot to ask, did you ask James Hill for a release ?

You can sell FE over the phone according to some at the FE forum. Check out the FE forum. Get an up front open release letter signed though. Some people say they release and at least you can call them out publicly if they don't do what they say. Doesn't always work though.

I haven't "quit" yet - I want to but wanted to know how to go about it and not get screwed, so thank you for your advise on a release letter. Any ideas on how to keep selling annuities, just cross-sell like I used to? Which means not selling in my pj's over the phone. FE and Med Supps?

Mortgage Protection Leads and Final Expense, while in the house, face-to-face. FE small comp but steady, not much in annuity sales however. Mtg Protection better for annuity sales, often they didn't buy that but I would come across some 401K$ since most of those leads were folks re-financing or just buying a new house along with a new job.

Mortgage Protection Leads and Final Expense, while in the house, face-to-face. FE small comp but steady, not much in annuity sales however. Mtg Protection better for annuity sales, often they didn't buy that but I would come across some 401K$ since most of those leads were folks re-financing or just buying a new house along with a new job.

What companies did you contract with for annuities ? I thought they only needed like 3 companies or something like that.

All of them or so it seemed...F&G, Athene, Pac Life, American Equity, etc., etc. etc. - yup, I'm screwed. Need to get out and get on. Made $6000 in 6 months, well not really after the 2 trips out to AZ plus time out NOT selling FE. Lesson learned. Again.

Back