Who Trusts Navigators?

14% will look to doctors and pharmacists? That's like asking your mechanic for advice on car insurance.

At first I thought "no one wants a broker!?", but it isn't an option. I'd presume someone out there would think "Hey, maybe I should ask this guy who has been doing nothing but insurance his whole life. Maybe he knows a thing or two about it."

I bet that would skew the results, a lot. Almost 9/10th's small business policies in my state are written by brokers, I'd presume most of those people would refer to them.

14% will look to doctors and pharmacists? That's like asking your mechanic for advice on car insurance.

At first I thought "no one wants a broker!?", but it isn't an option. I'd presume someone out there would think "Hey, maybe I should ask this guy who has been doing nothing but insurance his whole life. Maybe he knows a thing or two about it."

I bet that would skew the results, a lot. Almost 9/10th's small business policies in my state are written by brokers, I'd presume most of those people would refer to them.
I have tried to correct people who post crap on FB about Obamacare and I get accused of being biased....some people you can't beat in the face with facts and get through....FWIW, this guy is a morning radio host of one of the longest running radio shows in the metro area; lost of followers and ignores the information from an expert.

Here I haven't heard that they have even hired navigators let alone started training. Sure, the CMS part is available and maybe some people have actually gone through that part of the certification. I have serious doubts the number of navigators needed have done so.

These aren't licensed agents we're talking about. We've studied and kept up. These people may not know the difference between co-pay and co-insurance going into this. It will take some time just to grasp the basics. Hands on training for just the software that will be used will take a while.

I see a huge scramble before 10/1, with uninformed, ill-trained navigators on the front line of the public exchanges. I hope the general public will soon realize all this and turn to us for informed advice.

There are hundreds of nuances in this law that can't and won't be in any training session, and there are hundreds of things an agent learns "on the job" which are never taught in a book or a webinar.

Everyone should start feeling sorry for the nav's, and yes, people will flock back to agents after getting bad advice. 2015 should be a banner year for agents.

There are hundreds of nuances in this law that can't and won't be in any training session, and there are hundreds of things an agent learns "on the job" which are never taught in a book or a webinar.

Everyone should start feeling sorry for the nav's, and yes, people will flock back to agents after getting bad advice. 2015 should be a banner year for agents.

Where are all the big hiring events for the nav's?
How many we're they supposed to have come 10/1?
Can you imagine running a room of navies working phones. Hey this guy wants to know.....this lady want to know about her son with .....on and on....they are gonna be black and blue after a few days...lol. Hard to believe we can't even register with 40 days to go no rates no comp....I ain't even asking about online applications

Here I haven't heard that they have even hired navigators let alone started training. Sure, the CMS part is available and maybe some people have actually gone through that part of the certification. I have serious doubts the number of navigators needed have done so.

These aren't licensed agents we're talking about. We've studied and kept up. These people may not know the difference between co-pay and co-insurance going into this. It will take some time just to grasp the basics. Hands on training for just the software that will be used will take a while.

I see a huge scramble before 10/1, with uninformed, ill-trained navigators on the front line of the public exchanges. I hope the general public will soon realize all this and turn to us for informed advice.

Our navigators are limited to three: Planned Parenthood, and two visiting nurses organizations. I suspect they will all be using current staff to fulfill the majority of this purpose. I suppose they may hire some additional staff, but for the most part, they are going to send their social workers to the training and add this to their responsibilities.

----------

This ties exactly into one of my marketing topics....It seems a recent post on my FB page garnered more traffic with a short blurb about this than any other post I have created. I will continue to beat that drum the rest of the way through OE.

Heck, when we call experienced Insurance companies agent support personnel with a procedural question they have to either, A) Quickly look for the answer in their online documentation, or B) Ask a Supervisor, or C) Do some research and call us back.

These are "our" version of Navigators who have been on the job for YEARS fielding questions nowhere near as complex as what what the Exchange Navigators will receive.

Exchange Navigators will get questions like, "Is my subsidy taxed as income?". And, "Can my transvestite partner be a spouse if we file jointly?" And, "How do I configure my Antivirus to accept your cookies?".

HHS will be monitoring the conversations and successful enrollments of Navigators, but I hoping some state will also use a third-party firm to do the same. There will be a lot of VERY angry and frustrated citizens filing complaints. That's one reason why at first, I'll only be helping existing clients go through the process..to get good at it.
-ac

Now you've got me worried! :err: I didn't see ANY of this on the Certification Test....maybe I should turn my certificate back into CMS? :goofy:

Exchange Navigators will get questions like, "Is my subsidy taxed as income?". And, "Can my transvestite partner be a spouse if we file jointly?" And, "How do I configure my Antivirus to accept your cookies?".

You know that in 2015 they will sub this out to India. "So Sahib, my name is Arthur how may I help you?" :idea:
microsoft.jpg

Back