Why Are New Limited Benefit Plans Coming to Market?

Perhaps the Assurant HD Core Med is competitive in other areas, but I ran numbers against a Humana Value plan ($7500 deductible vs Assurant $15k) and Humana had lower rates.

Perhaps the Assurant HD Core Med is competitive in other areas, but I ran numbers against a Humana Value plan ($7500 deductible vs Assurant $15k) and Humana had lower rates.

Assurant is not so competitive in all states but their gameplan is. If I understand it correctly any major med that you sell from them, this year has a rate gaurantee until 12-31-2014. To the best of my knowledge no other carrier is offering the same guarantee. It seems like Assurant is leading the way . . . at this time. Hope others follow . . .

Assurant is not so competitive in all states but their gameplan is. If I understand it correctly any major med that you sell from them, this year has a rate gaurantee until 12-31-2014. To the best of my knowledge no other carrier is offering the same guarantee. It seems like Assurant is leading the way . . . at this time. Hope others follow . . .
Cigna doing the same thing.... Will go public with that tomorrow at 11 am in the webinar

Cigna doing the same thing.... Will go public with that tomorrow at 11 am in the webinar

United Health Care/Golden Rule confirmed this past Friday that they want to have plans written prior to 2014 go thru 2014 and beyond..without an IRS penalty. "If you like your plan, you can keep it!", is the foundational assumption for UHC-GR in their current negotiations with HHS.

Bill, I assume you were on the same call I was on. I believe I heard them say they would have something later in the year to allow Cigna policyholders to keep their plan and rate through the end of 2014.

They provided a link to the recorded webinar. Not sure if I should post it or not, but might be worth listening again.

Bill, I assume you were on the same call I was on. I believe I heard them say they would have something later in the year to allow Cigna policyholders to keep their plan and rate through the end of 2014.

They provided a link to the recorded webinar. Not sure if I should post it or not, but might be worth listening again.

yes, I felt at the start of the call they said yes, lockdown till 2015... however I do agree they sort of crawfished aat the end of the call...

im still sick so don't give me a hard time if my post is hard uto nderstand

Back