Why Aren't Insurance Companies Promoting Fixed Annuities?

I've been noticing the same thing, but not just lately. My only conclusion is that the insurance companies promote what they want us to sell, which seldom represents what people are most likely to buy. It seems that the successful ones sell the opposite of what's being pushed.

Not a thing has changed with the companies that have focused on fixed and fixed indexed annuities. Public perceptions are changing and the stock marketeers are being exposed ...

Like Charpress, my clients are thankful they left the risk of investments for safe and boring fixed type annuities.

I suspect that also the companies that are paying large commissions for annuity sales also take the approach that they don't need to advertise as much since they have an army of agents out there.

The companies I deal with spend a good bit of money advertising to me, rather than the public.

Who do you find has the best co-op?

No, what I mean is that they are constantly sending me marketing materials, calling with tips, paying for me to attend workshops, and things like that.

I've never done any co-op advertising with insurance companies.

Maybe it's me but why aren't we seeing more advertising and guest speakers on the various talk and tv shows promoting fixed annuities? With the Market in bad shape, you would think now would be a great time to heavy up on some advertising. You know the investment side of the biz would.

How many more tv/radio shows do I have to hear the same question being asked, "Where should I put my money now?" With the answer NEVER being a fixed annuity.

I'm guessing it's because the investment side of the biz has a lock with the media and the insurance side of the biz has done very little to smooze the various media outlets.

There waiting for the volatility in the stock market to "shake" out. Pun somewhat intended.

Back