Why did I only get paid $5 commission on a new to medicare supplement?

New to Part B is NOT GI but if you checked the GI box on the app by mistake then you won’t be paid full commission. That’s a training issue.

That's the first thing I thought, when I read his post, but shouldn't the carrier have caught and corrected it? It seems that something like that would be an easy fix, since its "agent error" and you could just resubmit the app with the correction.

That's the first thing I thought, when I read his post, but shouldn't the carrier have caught and corrected it? It seems that something like that would be an easy fix, since its "agent error" and you could just resubmit the app with the correction.
You think the minimum wage worker that processes apps is going to be more on top of getting the agent paid then the agent himself is?

Doubtful.

Does this sound right? Im street level commission, and I got $5 for a Plan F supplement, new to medicare. I was told by the carrier it was because it was “guaranteed issue”.

Is this normal? How do you make any money on supplements then??
Don't bother with GI plans. I did one for a client who tried MAPD then returned to Med Supp. I get one dollar a month. Also-if it's an F plan-you aren't going to get paid much.

Why would someone enroll someone on a plan F? Since very few of those are being sold, the rate will likely skyrocket. Agent needs a mentor so he doesn’t accidentally screw someone over by their ignorance.

I thought new to Part B is still full commission. They don't have medical questions until 6 months after Part B starts. Now I have to look into the commission. Getting ready to do a couple retiring, coming off group, just got Part B. States and carriers may vary.

I thought new to Part B is still full commission. They don't have medical questions until 6 months after Part B starts. Now I have to look into the commission. Getting ready to do a couple retiring, coming off group, just got Part B. States and carriers may vary.
New to Part B is full commissions....if the commissions department doesn't screw up.

New to Part B is full commissions....if the commissions department doesn't screw up.
For OM that's true. MA is a little trickier.

Most agents don't know that technically there is no limit to the number of times a person can be New to Part B. They think that after an IEP that's it. It's not.

Back