Why Didn't this Family Get a Subsidy?

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Tried to help a family of 4 with their enrollment yesterday in Iowa. Combined income is $77,000 but for a family of 4 that is well within subsidy range. They got nothing, zippo for subsidy. It appears they can appeal but in the meantime they are very unhappy. Anyone have any idea why this might have happened? Thanks

Tried to help a family of 4 with their enrollment yesterday in Iowa. Combined income is $77,000 but for a family of 4 that is well within subsidy range. They got nothing, zippo for subsidy. It appears they can appeal but in the meantime they are very unhappy. Anyone have any idea why this might have happened? Thanks

Eligible for Employer Sponsored or Government coverage?
Benchmark plan premium was so low that it was less than the Member's Share?
The exchange had a demon (oops, I mean glitch)?

Did you run the numbers through the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator before doing the application on the Marketplace?

I wouldn't offer a subsidy app to anyone over 250% of FPL because I don't think it's worth the time or effort but using the calculator first at least creates a reasonable level of expectation on the final expected premium after any subsidy.

amazing how 'unhappy' some people get when they dont get a freebie that they demand is owed to them...welcome to the new Amerika...take from thy neighbor to lighten my load...its the American way

Eligible for Employer Sponsored or Government coverage?
Benchmark plan premium was so low that it was less than the Member's Share?
The exchange had a demon (oops, I mean glitch)?[/QUOTE

Not eligible for any other type of coverage....

Do this.... Remove the app. Create a new email and a new account. Go through the process again and pay close attention to the income portion. Make sure you do it for them.....people mess things up.

I have had a few like this... very few. Each time it came back to the client having IRS problems. I even redid it for a lady about a month later and same thing.... she admitted she had major IRS problems

I have had a few like this... very few. Each time it came back to the client having IRS problems. I even redid it for a lady about a month later and same thing.... she admitted she had major IRS problems

Imagine That! People not coming clean with you on their IRS problems.

instead of hiding their health history now from us and underwriters its shifted to hiding tax issues!! how ironic.. lol lmao

Back