Why Do Suzie Orman and Dave Ramsey Trash WL So Much?

Their attitude is based on agents using IRAs and 401ks to fund high cash value life insurance. There have been several state legal actions against this practice which gives the industry a bad name

Links?

Proof?

Here's my link to show that a prominent CPA featured on PBS advocates doing exactly that. Granted, it's not for a new person to do. It involves some tax planning and structuring the conversions over time, but it is possible and can be recommended depending on various circumstances.

Ed Slott CPA Avoiding Taxes in Retirement

As I was listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio, he was pushing term policies by saying, "Buy a term and invest the difference." But the fact is that most people do not invest. Also, choosing a term or a perm totally depends on a person's circumstance.

As I was listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio, he was pushing term policies by saying, "Buy a term and invest the difference." But the fact is that most people do not invest. Also, choosing a term or a perm totally depends on a person's circumstance.

I agree, most will not invest the difference!

Links?

Proof?

Here's my link to show that a prominent CPA featured on PBS advocates doing exactly that. Granted, it's not for a new person to do. It involves some tax planning and structuring the conversions over time, but it is possible and can be recommended depending on various circumstances.

Ed Slott CPA Avoiding Taxes in Retirement

My wife will have to start withdrawals from her IRA's in 3 1/2 years. Unless we need the money for living purpose it will be plowed right back into our WL policies.

Back