Why is image of voided checks a thing in 2021?

I did that for some but on Prosperity I think it is a required step is uploading a picture ID and a voided check. Unbelievable

If you don't have checks, you'll need to go to your bank, get a letter on bank letterhead, showing your name, address, acct #, routing #, and then signed by an officer of the bank. Most companies accept this in lieu of a voided check.

If you don't have checks, you'll need to go to your bank, get a letter on bank letterhead, showing your name, address, acct #, routing #, and then signed by an officer of the bank. Most companies accept this in lieu of a voided check.
Yea I got it all sorted out this morning. I also find it amusing prosperity and american amicable require their own in house anti money laundering program when it's all the same exact information. So doing three aml skits in a row was fun

So I had this issue last month. At first, I figured I had to order a box of paper checks from the bank or from an online check printing company. Then I noticed there were companies in the search engine offering “free online check writing" and I printed my own check with the correct account information. Wrote “Void” and scanned it, and uploaded it with the other docs. It was accepted and I’m getting paid.

I agree. It’s a very outdated process. I don’t ever write checks for anything. In this day and age, with all these quick pay apps, it’s too risky to give anyone your checking and routing number.

I'm wondering how it's possible that in 2021 voided checks are still necessary for this. I've written maybe 3 checks in my life, and I had to google how to the first time.

I think its because the carriers and the MGAs want the following:
1. Accurate Account and Routing numbers, and many people get confused by the fonts and digital blips on checks.
2. The want to confirm that the check lists the actual person for whom the W9 lists.

You have written only 3 physical checks in your life? Wow.

Back