Will Aetna Withdraw from FFM?

Respectfully, STI Broker, the story you posted is about the same as the one YAgents used to start this thread yesterday.
ac

sorry......my bad.....at least I did not start a new thread...hahaha

It seems that the Aetna CEO might be suffering from a similar affliction as that Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford.

Mark Bertolini said 3 days ago that he might remove AETNA from the Exchanges. Today, he says that the company is bullish on Healthcare Reform and plans to increase it's advertising budget 500% to bring in new customers.

Excerpt:
""As more consumers begin to shop for their own health insurance via private and government-run exchanges, Mr. Bertolini said insurers will have little choice but to raise their budgets significantly to reach them. He said that he hoped to increase Aetna's marketing spend by five times in the years ahead.
"We want to get the cost structure to where we can spend significantly more on consumer advertising, advertising is the game.""

Ref: Aetna CEO Predicts Surge in Marketing Spending Among Health Insurers - WSJ.com

If he's going to increase AETNA sales in our state, he'll need to increase the commission payout. For that matter, if any CEO wants to increase sales, simply provide additional incentives to agents. It's a no-brainer strategy that's worked well for many decades, across every industry.
ac

They know better than to withdraw from the ffm. They know what would happen to their sweet little govt. cheese.... gig.

Show me the money Mr. Linguini......an $8 check five months from now ain't gonna work Mr. CEO.

They know better than to withdraw from the ffm. They know what would happen to their sweet little govt. cheese.... gig.

Show me the money Mr. Linguini......an $8 check five months from now ain't gonna work Mr. CEO.

Aetna-Coventry is in 10 state exchanges. Is that enough for them to stay on the government's good side? And, can a bad experience in 10 states do much damage to the success they're experiencing in Groups, Medicare, etc.?

After Bertolini took over, that's when they cut our commissions to an unheard-of low of 4% back in 2010. They advertised..didn't work. In 2013, commission was increased back to 10%. Advertising didn't generate the sales then, but he thinks it will work now? Yeah..right. Aetna premium here is sky high.
ac

BTW..Is there a "technical faq/help" section for using this forum? If there is, I can't find it. Having trouble with spacing and inability to insert the face emojis.

Added Aetna to my carriers when a few prospects liked their rates best. Their tobacco use rates are some of the lowest.
Called their office this past Friday morning, closed all day for "employee training". One CS rep told me last week that they didn't have some of their systems in place for all types of payment options, etc. They are not alone in fumbling around in the first month, however. On hold for 2 hrs 40 minutes with Anthem on Friday. Unlimited minutes, thank goodness.
I am not complaining, just reporting. :1wink:

Aetna has had billing challenges from the get go. I lost clients because they could not get the first draft, or 2nd or . . . then finally drafted 3 - 4 months premiums at once.

This was 4 years ago.

Back