Worth Buying Your Own Leads or Should You Use Networking

Texas - Medicare, P&C, Auto, or Term Life
Apologies for not clarifying! I currently offer Medicare, Individual and Group Health, Fixed and Variable Annuities, AND Life insurance. Would love to know the best way to get Leads for these. I am licensed in Texas and several other states.

Apologies for not clarifying! I currently offer Medicare, Individual and Group Health, Fixed and Variable Annuities, AND Life insurance. Would love to know the best way to get Leads for these. I am licensed in Texas and several other states.

You have FINRA licenses and registrations with a broker/dealer? Series 6 or 7 & 63?

Your B/D may have their own limitations on how you can prospect.

Last I heard, Merrill Lynch only allows the following:
- Networking (Chamber, etc.)
- Seminar workshops
- LinkedIn

That's it.

I am looking to focus on Life. Primarily, Annuities, Whole Life, LTC, and UL. I am out of FL but I was thinking of getting licensed in multiple states to reduce the restrictive nature of only selling in my specific region. Is there anything else that would help you answer this question?
If I were you, I'd consider Medicare... specifically T65. Those guys are losing all the insurances from work... LTC is tough... I've never sold it.

You have FINRA licenses and registrations with a broker/dealer? Series 6 or 7 & 63?

Your B/D may have their own limitations on how you can prospect.

Last I heard, Merrill Lynch only allows the following:
- Networking (Chamber, etc.)
- Seminar workshops
- LinkedIn

That's it.
I wish I was better at networking.

I do not buy leads. They never pay for themselves when you factor in time and money. Door to door is better than leads. At least you meet someone face to face.

You will spend more time buying leads and making phone calls to strangers, than building relationships with people. People buy from people they know, like and trust.

How do you develop ta relationship and rapport on a phone call? Why would someone want to give their personal financial information to a stranger?

Do activities that build a relationship and build your warm market and ask for referrals.

How do you develop ta relationship and rapport on a phone call? Why would someone want to give their personal financial information to a stranger?

That's easy enough. Start with what you believe about financial planning and what you want your clients to achieve and see if they agree with you.

Share various financial concepts about what is possible and then they'll share with you their information to see if you can do what you say you can.

Maybe you can or maybe you can't, but that's how you build trust and get people to want to do business with you.

That's easy enough. Start with what you believe about financial planning and what you want your clients to achieve and see if they agree with you.

Share various financial concepts about what is possible and then they'll share with you their information to see if you can do what you say you can.

Maybe you can or maybe you can't, but that's how you build trust and get people to want to do business with you.
I don't buy leads. It's to much time, effort and when there are far easier ways to build this business for free.

Hey, I am new to the industry and I am currently weighing out different ways to generate leads. I wanted to know what I should be paying per lead if I do a lead service and how good are the leads? Are the leads that you get beaten to hell or are they fresh or is that determined by price? Does it make more sense to join a company because lead generation is just to expensive for a solo agent? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
What did you end up doing?

Hey, I am new to the industry and I am currently weighing out different ways to generate leads. I wanted to know what I should be paying per lead if I do a lead service and how good are the leads? Are the leads that you get beaten to hell or are they fresh or is that determined by price? Does it make more sense to join a company because lead generation is just to expensive for a solo agent? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
If you don’t have the funding to pay for marketing, you aren’t ready to take the leap. Get a job and do insurance on the side. Network like crazy and build your client base. Save your money until you have enough to sustain you for 3 months after you quit your job. Make sure it’s enough to cover marketing. Then you can experiment with leads.

I spent $$$$$$$$ on leads and hardly sold a thing when I first got started. Most of my sales ended up being referrals. I started a Facebook group and got a lot do sales that way too. None of my referrals or people from my Facebook group have charged back. But some of my leads have.

Agencies that build their book exclusively on shared leads are doing themselves a disservice. Build a community and a brand. Nurture client loyalty. It’s the only way to build something substantial IMHO.

I do not buy leads. They never pay for themselves when you factor in time and money. Door to door is better than leads. At least you meet someone face to face.

You will spend more time buying leads and making phone calls to strangers, than building relationships with people. People buy from people they know, like and trust.

Do activities that build a relationship and build your warm market and ask for referrals.
Deborah you make yourself look silly when you say that leads never work out. Leads work great and have made more millionaires in this business than any other way of selling insurance.

There is more than one way to skin a cat and I’m sure you have earned your riches working your warm market as many others also have. But to say “leads don’t work” is like saying apples are good but bananas are bad because I don’t like bananas.

Back