Would It Work? Free Gas if We Can't Save You Money?

pbbaseball

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok, so when I went to the red sox/pirates series in Pittsburgh in June, I saw an auto agent that had an ad in the paper, that said if he couldn't save you on auto insurance, then he would buy you a free pizza.

I rarely go into a house where I can't save them on something, be it medicare, health, life, home, auto. Now I typical method of getting in front of people is a med supp mailer, then of course I do a full review and replace everything in the house if possible.

Does anyone think it would be feasible to offer a pizza, (get up with a local shop, print coupons, and pay the pizza shop when someone redeems the coupons) or something else like this as a leader to a DM piece?

"as a broker i work with 50+ companies, and chances are you are overpaying for xxxx insurance. if we can't save you money on your life, home, auto, health, medicare, then we'll buy you a pizza at pizza joes for up to $10 bucks 15bucks, etc?"

I figured it's got to increase the response rate, even if 50 people i can't save I spend 500 bucks on pizza, as long as I sell 2 med supps, 1 life app, etc, I've got to come out ahead.

chime in, don't hold back!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
realized i titled it gas... of course everyone would use the gas card, with the pizza, at least they would have to go in and redeem it, like a rebate, which probably would cost less in the long run

Last edited:
I think it would work. The problem is when you get tire kickers that don't buy even though you can save them money. They just test to see if they can get the free pizza.

I guess the first question would be if your state allows for something like that and second I don't think you could do MA or PDP conversations with that lead in however if its legal I would give it a shot but I would make sure they have to provide you proof of what they currently have ie Med Supp etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think it would work. The problem is when you get tire kickers that don't buy even though you can save them money. They just test to see if they can get the free pizza.

Yeah but if he can save them money then he wouldn't be paying out on the pizza....Also OP if your going to do a promotion and put Joes Pizza in it I would make sure I got a discount on those pizza's.

Last edited:
Good Idea. However if you are talking with seniors, you should look into a hometown buffet of sorts. Although I love pizza, alot of seniors prefer a buffet. A buffet will run anywhere from 7.95 to 12.95. I think you will get a better response with that. Is there a place in your town that alot of senior go for lunch in town.

Good Idea. However if you are talking with seniors, you should look into a hometown buffet of sorts. Although I love pizza, alot of seniors prefer a buffet. A buffet will run anywhere from 7.95 to 12.95. I think you will get a better response with that. Is there a place in your town that alot of senior go for lunch in town.

Can't go wrong wit Lubby's or Picadilly's.

good ideas by all. Wasn't really planning on using it for MA's, but if they asked and brought up the MA or PDP, I would think I would be in the clear. Just fill out a scope on the spot, and all clear.

I like the buffet idea. Wanting to try it in a rural area, so no local chain buffet's, but there has to be a locally owned one around.

figured they'll be some that test me for the food, but if I can save them 10 cents on anything, no pizza.

last resort, could quote auto, before running credit/mvr, should be cheaper than what they have to call their bluff. if they are intersted, and i run credit mvr and they come out ahead, so what, I paid 10 bucks for an exclusive lead that agreed to let me quote every line of business in their house

On the Ad....I'd suggest adding a few testimonials from folks who already saved money with your help. If it doesn't increase response rates I'll give You a free pizza!

Define 'save you money'. I'm nitpicking, but if you came to me, I'd find a way you don't save me money and want my free pizza.

Save you money - is that the lowest monthly premium?
Save you money - is it the lowest annual premium?

You get the idea....

Dan

I prefer not having to pay people to get their business. This way I never owe someone something other than the best service and price I can get them. I do business with a person or company if they do business with me.

Back