Would you rate this guy as a Table 2?

secondcreek

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Non smoker
Current age 58
No weight issue
Diabetes diagnosed at age 52
Current meds: Tresiba 44-48 units 1x a day, Jardiance 25 mg 1x a day, Janumet 50mg/1000mg 1x a day
Most recent A1C was 8.0
No neuropathy and no other medical issues

My gut says to rate him as a standard Table 2. He wants a 100k 20 yr term. Banner is the best I have found at a Table 2.

Any agreement/disagreement on rating him as a Table 2? I have never used Banner. Are they reasonable on diabetics?

Which carrier told you Table 3-4 on your situation?

I would like to get the sale but honestly I am not chasing too hard. He is a nice guy but I focus mainly on the FE market and don't want to get too distracted by a fully underwritten case. If it goes above a Table 2, he needs to keep his current policy which is $122 a month.

I am suppose to meet with him tomorrow afternoon. In case I don't hear back from my underwriting point of contact before my appointment with the client I trust the experience in the forum to point me in the right direction.

Is Banner known to be strict with diabetics or somewhat reasonable?

With the limited info - I would quote him a range up to T4.

What does he have now? Is he looking to replace because he is terming out? The renewal premium is what I would quote against.

He wants to add some coverage but anything above a Table 2 knocks him out of his budget. I am going to show him T3 and T4 prices and tell him he will just have to increase his budget if he wants to obtain anymore coverage.

He wants to add some coverage but anything above a Table 2 knocks him out of his budget. I am going to show him T3 and T4 prices and tell him he will just have to increase his budget if he wants to obtain anymore coverage.

Just a suggestion - Banner and AIG may give you a small break on the tables. However, not that much on this case. Maybe add more value by using Protective Custo, Classic UL. Show him that the premium does not go up at age 79 so he can keep some coverage when the other term gets to expensive. I have found Protective pretty fair on Type 2s.

Lee

From my experience with diabetics he will not get a Table 2. Insulin dependent with an A1C of 8? His condition is not controlled. I am a diabetic and my A1C is 5.

Back