Yoast Alphabet Soup Tool

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ever wonder what people are searching for so you can write about it? In topic analysis, you could buy keyword analytics tool, or just use the autocomplete function on Gmail with Ubersuggest and keywords everywhere extension.

To make the autocomplete method easier, Yoast developed a tool:

www.yoast.com/suggest

Thanks for sharing. I might give that a shot.

Here is what I normally do. Search a term such as "medicare supplement insurance"

That one gets 21M results. Not bad, but variations might get more. Some phrases exceed 100M results

I scroll past the paid ads to see who is ranking and for what keyword phrases

Also look at the "People also ask . . ." to get ideas for keyword phrases

Phrases that ask a question such as How, Where, Why, etc are usually good choices

Seems I often fumble for other ways to say/write the KW phrase. The Yoast tool can be a big help.

Also, you can drill down further.

Example:
Medicare Supplements is first kw.

It brings up

Medicare Supplements and hearing aids

Type that as your kw:

AARP Medicare supplement hearing aid coverage.

So we know that AARP customers are searching about hearing aids for their plan. We can target that specifically.

I do look at kw difficulty, but largely ignore kw search quantity at

www.neilpatel.com/Ubersuggest

If also gives you all the data that most paid kw providers give.

Then I look at the articles. Unfortunately, in our space, we're fighting against AARP and BCBS directly.

In the life insurance space, you're usually competing with other agents, which is easier.

Ubersuggest is great for keywords, but the data is off sometimes. I think Neil Patel is constantly tweaking the tool. Moz is good way to check domain authority.

Moz.com

Ubersuggest is great for keywords, but the data is off sometimes. I think Neil Patel is constantly tweaking the tool. Moz is good way to check domain authority.

Moz.com

I don't really use KW search. I use Yoast for autocomplete to see what people actually are searching for.

I do use Ubersuggest to find topics that aren't usually written about from my competition that get traffic.

DA score is a bit silly, honestly. I only use it when I answer HARO inquires. Otherwise, I'm always going up against .govs or DA 70's.

I'm much more competitive in local and state search. I initially thought I was going to sell nationwide and have a few additional licenses, but I'd decided to stay largely local

Thanks for sharing this tool, it's definitely beneficial to have an auto-complete functionality like this when developing content. Of course it doesn't have the rank difficulty or number of searches that come with the paid tools, but I guess that's why they say you get what you pay for.

Yoast is definitely extremely helpful to have in your website. If you have a WordPress install on your site, I would definitely get the free Yoast plugin since it helps you fill out important meta data that Google looks for but your site may be missing.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing this tool, it's definitely beneficial to have an auto-complete functionality like this when developing content. Of course it doesn't have the rank difficulty or number of searches that come with the paid tools, but I guess that's why they say you get what you pay for.

Yoast is definitely extremely helpful to have in your website. If you have a WordPress install on your site, I would definitely get the free Yoast plugin since it helps you fill out important meta data that Google looks for but your site may be missing.

Cheers!

With all due respect, search result numbers are highly inaccurate. Pages can rank for term you use and don't use.

If Google gives you an autocomplete result, there's enough search to target it.

Furthermore, SD is easy to find, type the topic into Google. Frankly, insurance is one of the most competitive industries in the market. So you should evaluate if you can niche town the market further for general "life insurance x topics"

If you REALLY need suggested SD and search volume, try UberSuggest.

With all due respect, search result numbers are highly inaccurate. Pages can rank for term you use and don't use.

If Google gives you an autocomplete result, there's enough search to target it.

Furthermore, SD is easy to find, type the topic into Google. Frankly, insurance is one of the most competitive industries in the market. So you should evaluate if you can niche town the market further for general "life insurance x topics"

If you REALLY need suggested SD and search volume, try UberSuggest.

I will admit, I have noticed a few discrepancies with paid tools as some keywords won't pop up, but Google Search Console will tell me that I had over thousands of impressions for that same keyword.

I feel like the long-tail keyword data can be inaccurate at times, but it is also nice to be able to use those tools (like Ahrefs) to see your backlink profile and perform a complete site audit, so at least it's worth the price you pay in that regard.

Though they may not be extremely accurate, I feel like paid tools can at least give you a starting point since they show keywords that go well beyond auto-complete. But don't get me wrong, auto-complete tools - especially this one - are extremely helpful on their own.

Cheers!

I will admit, I have noticed a few discrepancies with paid tools as some keywords won't pop up, but Google Search Console will tell me that I had over thousands of impressions for that same keyword.

I feel like the long-tail keyword data can be inaccurate at times, but it is also nice to be able to use those tools (like Ahrefs) to see your backlink profile and perform a complete site audit, so at least it's worth the price you pay in that regard.

Though they may not be extremely accurate, I feel like paid tools can at least give you a starting point since they show keywords that go well beyond auto-complete. But don't get me wrong, auto-complete tools - especially this one - are extremely helpful on their own.

Cheers!

You're welcome to feel that way, but I can find out by backlink profile and the backlink profile of any website for free.

If you think Ahrefs is of value to you, awesome. It's not really worth it for a small number of keywords that yours going to get naturally by creating content.

Back