Your Thoughts.

insurancesc

Expert
I am considering buying Frank Stastny's training pdf for $50. I know Frank is greatly respected on this site and I have read many of his posts here looking for useful info. For those who have purchased his training pdf, is it worth paying $50 for it. I realize that $50 for training is cheap but my guess is that the most valuable part of Frank's training was Frank and $50 bucks is $50 bucks. Is there enough info in the pdf to warrant $50 or can I get the same info by searching his posts here in the forum?
For those of you who know, your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

A lot of the value with Frank was actually spending the time on the phone with him going over things. I'm sure it's useful as is, but you're probably better off getting training from someone that can give you more "face time". Have you looked at Ritter's training? From what I understand it's pretty good and they have pretty solid contracts as well.

Right now I have the three most competitive companies(for the most part) in my state thru Todd and he has been a big help and is available when I need him. I have looked at Ritter and I am still checking out their site to see what they can offer in the form of additional training.

I thought the real value in Frank's training was Frank himself but wanted to confirm before bought the pdf training.

A lot of the value with Frank was actually spending the time on the phone with him going over things. I'm sure it's useful as is, but you're probably better off getting training from someone that can give you more "face time". Have you looked at Ritter's training? From what I understand it's pretty good and they have pretty solid contracts as well.

Is there a reason you would steer him away from Medicare 101?:skeptical:

Is there a reason you would steer him away from Medicare 101?:skeptical:

In my experience with uplines they can be really hands on with helping folks specific in there area. Frank's training was great, but it was the three hours he'd spend with an agent that really helped, not just a pdf.

in my experience with uplines they can be really hands on with helping folks specific in there area. Frank's training was great, but it was the three hours he'd spend with an agent that really helped, not just a pdf.

ok.. But, I was under the impression that any income off the PDF went to Frank's widow. .

ok.. But, I was under the impression that any income off the PDF went to Frank's widow. .

I believe you are right, but an agent spending fifty dollars for this training is probably spending the money to learn to sell insurance. If an agent wants to spend fifty dollars to help a widow, that is certainly noble, but if their goal is to get help selling Medicare, they probably need training from someone they can pick up the phone and call as well.

Since we were subject to a backhanded insult, I'll mention that one does not have to join the association to buy Frank's training. If someone calls me I'm very honest about the value of the pdf files.

For some, it's great. For others it may be dated.

However, with the purchase comes the offer to have anyone call me after they review the training so we can talk about moving the information into 2014. In fact, they can call me without buying the training.

I think joining Medicare Training 101 can be very valuable to both new and experienced agents. But my help comes without strings.

Rick

Back