Zoho Bigin mods

inreverse

Guru
100+ Post Club
MN
Does anyone want to share their modifications to their Zoho CRM or Bigin, to make it more functional for FE sales?

I've been using Zoho CRM for about a decade. I mainly sell in the Medicare space, but might be able to help.

What are you looking to accomplish?

Primarily lead management for final expense. Lead pipeline moving to a sale, and automated birthday follow-up, and other product sales. Lead pipeline moving to a database of unsold leads for later marketing. My lead provider can set up my import of the leads. Would like to be able to text, message, email, and call my leads.

So I have three primary modules - leads, clients, & sales.

I can "convert" a lead to a client- then add any sales to the client file.

Sales are incredibly customizable - for FE I would add custom fields like MP, AP, Face Amt., Effective Date, Payment Method (eft, direct bill, etc.), Carrier, FYC, or really anything else you can think of.

How you set up your sales in the CRM will impact your ability to run some pretty cool reports. Anything that you might want to track...should have a separate field (in my opinion).

For Lead management... I simply set up the CRM to automatically "tag" each lead as active upon entry into the CRM.

I then manually remove the "tag" once I'm done with that person and have no follow-up planned.

For example, in my CRM I have a little over 2,844 "Leads" but the vast majority of them are dead leads... i.e., people who maybe got a quote in 2014 or maybe called in or whatever. I only have 128 genuinely active leads.

You could easily segment leads into various tags or categories beyond active or not active. You could tag them any way you'd like and create "buckets" and market to certain unsold "buckets" however you'd like. (for me, it's either active or not).

If I can't schedule some kind of future follow-up... then I remove the "Active" tag and they are gone from my view. I have systems in place to keep it clean....

I can then have a "sub" view under my Leads" module of Active Leads (i.e., leads that are still tagged) and only see those active leads.

Automatic b-day follow ups - not sure exactly what you mean by it but I'm sure it can be done. You want to send a card or get a reminder to reach out on client's b-days?

Call and e-mail is pretty easy w/ Zoho. I use Twilio. John Smith calls me and my computer rings w/ John's file open. E-mails all can integrate as well although I use gsuites (and zoho "connects" to it somehow thru a plugin).

I haven't figured out how to send/receive texts in the CRM. I think it can be done but Twilio doesn't have that yet. Maybe ring central + zoho?

Zoho is amazingly customizable but really you need to dig into it and play around with the modules and eventually you'll figure out how to get it to work for your needs.

One other thing --- I create "campaigns" and connect every lead to it's source.

i.e., in the past I ordered from Kramer direct mail. I'd make a "Campaign" called "Kramer order 0023"

Then every lead that came from that source, I'd connect to that campaign.

Then once you make a sale, connect the sale to the campaign, and now you are tracking your ROI really easily.

You can see the Campaign Cost right beside the Revenue.

You can see exactly where the revenue is coming from.

Back