House Fire Claim Problems

jester110

Hey everyone,

I had a fire at my house and I am having issues with the insurance company.

First of all, they chose a subpar contractor for me and the work done in the house is horrendous.

Second, I was not given an estimate before the work started and was not updated when the estimate changed. I was surprised to see the estimate had gone up $70,000 when I asked for it the second time.

Third, I have not received any additional living expenses for the increased spending from living in a hotel, dining out more often, etc. I have sent them the worksheet and all of the receipts and everything.

What do you think I should do?

Honestly I would suggest sitting down with your agent to go over the details of your policy and claim. Sometimes we feel out of control when we dont know what to expect.

I dont know the details of your insurance policy or claim, so the best thing for you to do is make every attempt to keep in good contact with your agent.

Good luck to you!

What company, and what kind of policy do you have? You need to talk to your agent to get things figured out before anything else, because most people with a damaged home don't know how a claim works and are already in raw shape.

Back