Hit and run/ have the lp

meg1029

I was shopping at target 3 weeks ago when I was notified to come to the front of the store by the car in the parking lot. A driver had hit my car and damaged significantly and just left.. Luckily a witness saw the whole thing and wrote the plate and truck make and model down. I filed a police report they found out the other driver had insurence. I reported the incident same day to my insurance company ( farm Bur. )

1 week later my claim was transferred to state farm- the insurance company of the other person.

2 weeks later today I have state farm for an update and they tell me they have been unable to make contact with the insured party. They escalated the claim the new department says they will continue to make contact for 2 weeks then escalate it again.
Once escalated again they say they will determine if they will pay the claim based on what they know with out talking to their client.

I only carry liability on my car ( paid off) and do not have extra money just sitting around to fix mine... has this happened to anyone else what was the outcome?

It's not unusual. Think about the type of person who hits a car and just drives away. They are more interested in their well being then anyone else's. They don't have the 10 minutes in their day to focus on anyone else.

SF is making all attempts to protect their insured, as they should, by confirming what happened. I'm hoping you have the information about the person who witnessed the accident? SF should be able to just speak to this person and issue payment. I can see that they should be allowed a week or two to speak to their insured but with the witnesses info they should be able to bypass this. BY moving the claim from adjuster to adjuster they are just slowing the whole process down. It's how they are set up. If it goes beyond 30 days I'd file a complaint with your states Dept Of Insurance.

You will be fine. I had the same thing happen to me. The insured didn't report the accident and the insurance company couldn't get a hold of them. It slowed it all down but I eventually got paid.

how does a mod show as a new member with only 16 posts since sept 2006?

I would give the answer in one word! Sam! By the way the guy with 16 posts has been around since 2006.

Last edited:
Back