Long Term Loan of Car from Family Member

tomcruise

A family member is going to let me use his car for an extended period of at least 6 months to as long as 1 year. He lives in another state, so I will be the sole driver for that time frame.

Is it as simple as him dropping his coverage and me adding coverage onto his car? Or would there have to be a title transfer as well? I live in PA.

Edit: I'm not Tom Cruise.

Last edited:
A family member is going to let me use his car for an extended period of at least 6 months to as long as 1 year. He lives in another state, so I will be the sole driver for that time frame.

Is it as simple as him dropping his coverage and me adding coverage onto his car? Or would there have to be a title transfer as well?

With all your millions, why don't you just buy your own car?:err:

I remember once on Saturday Night Live where the musician Paul Simon was hosting, and during the beginning introduction, they did a spoof where both he and the senator Paul Simon showed up on stage together, pretending to be a misunderstanding.... very funny!

tom, all kidding aside. the answer to your question is both state specific, and even more so carrier specific.... so you really need to ask your family member's agent how you should handle this.

Back