Looking for Marketing Ideas

Starting to see mroe and more agents using local AM Talk radio and hosting their own radio shows.

Costs, I've been told, run from $200-$1,000 per show (60 minutes), depending on the city you're in and the commitment you make (contract) for the show.

Two agents I know (different states) have indicated they've seen on ave. 20x that return, per month, in GC to themselves.

I liked a lot of the quantum club "stuff".

Never did the newsletter though, and zip drip was a funky autoresponder - just my personal opinion. I chose a different client appreciation nurturing system. The work and effrot of the newsletter for the potential result - just didnt seem to pencil. What does michael always say - do the math?

Liked the referral contests and the TV giveawy - did that system - so so results.

Being in commercial I found the best referral strategy was ... alliances with strategic partners and even competitors. We have some unique markets and we protect their other lines.

For nurturing and referral generation - by far the best tool and system Ive used came from David Frey ... I call it the Ultimate Insurance Referral System.

I flip the switch - on autopilot it goes and smiley faces appear on my clients. They email call and thank me - for thanking them! No trifold newsletter ever accomplished that for me ever.

4morereferrals DOT com

is where I found it.

All the best,

Steve

Hi, I just started my Insurance Agency Last month and i never thought it would be this hard to sell insurance, I am an exclusive agent with Farmers Insurance Group and they are teaching me a lot. I tried to put a commercial on the radio station and it did not help at all i didn't get one call yet. Can some one tell me some tips and tricks about the business so i can get it to take off a little please?

Hi, I just started my Insurance Agency Last month and i never thought it would be this hard to sell insurance, I am an exclusive agent with Farmers Insurance Group and they are teaching me a lot. I tried to put a commercial on the radio station and it did not help at all i didn't get one call yet. Can some one tell me some tips and tricks about the business so i can get it to take off a little please?

I would suggest knocking local Realtors and Loan Officers over the head with letters that say "ill follow up with a phone call to set up an appointment". The crowd of people they deal with almost always (9.7 out of 10) Will own a car. I have run into people who are still on mommy and daddy's policy and just purhcased a home.

"yet" was the word in your post that jumped out at me. You ran a radio add last month and you didn't get one call "yet."
if you are selling for Farmers or any "brand" of insurance let them spend their money on awareness adds. You need to spend your money on leads.
Leads come from direct mail, telemarketers, Internet, seminars, current client base, networking, door to door, referals, and lists of warm market (friends and friends of your friends)

:cool:

Hey.. It comes down to the message...make your spot stand out.. post the copy and we will tell you why it's not working..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"yet" was the word in your post that jumped out at me. You ran a radio add last month and you didn't get one call "yet."
if you are selling for Farmers or any "brand" of insurance let them spend their money on awareness adds. You need to spend your money on leads.
Leads come from direct mail, telemarketers, Internet, seminars, current client base, networking, door to door, referals, and lists of warm market (friends and friends of your friends)

respectfully disagree!!!! Get your name out there. I can buy farmers insurance from any agent. I want an agent that is getting his /her name out... yea you can sell your friend and family but the tie breaker is going to the guy and gal that is market aggressive advertising and marketing savvy ..as a consumer we think, the guy must know something he or she is on radio or TV.. Also then your clients' friend and family feel better about buying from you to…( the thinking of let the brand spend there money is why insurance industry is being gobbled up by big marketing Gecko & F insurance and without agents.. This is your business you best start promoting yourself like its a business and not just a living.. GROW MAN GROW

Last edited:
:cool:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

respectfully disagree!!!! Get your name out there. I can buy farmers insurance from any agent. I want an agent that is getting his /her name out... yea you can sell your friend and family but the tie breaker is going to the guy and gal that is market aggressive advertising and marketing savvy ..as a consumer we think, the guy must know something he or she is on radio or TV.. Also then your clients' friend and family feel better about buying from you to…( the thinking of let the brand spend there money is why insurance industry is being gobbled up by big marketing Gecko & F insurance and without agents.. This is your business you best start promoting yourself like its a business and not just a living.. GROW MAN GROW

RESPONSE:
Yea right....that's why he received ZERO calls from his ad. Brand awareness is ok for brand awareness. Leads are ok for selling.

Well put, Then you have to market you radio show, to get people to listen. I am unsure as to how many people are bored with FM enough to change to am. lol

Back